View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
Quickurt

Obviously Porsche has no-one who comes on these forums. If they did, BS like this would end.
I'm sure it takes no more than two minutes to "program" the key. How could it?
You can download an entire complicated CAD program into your computer in less than ten minutes. I know, I did it today.
Do they take the chipo from one key and put it into another, or do they "burn" a code into the chip in the key housing?
I bet it's no more complicated, or time consuming than programming your home button for opening the garage door.
My mech. buddy at my Mazda dealer, just happened to "burn" the new ECU MAP while he had it hooked up for diagnostics. I stood there while he did it and it took about three minutes. Had I requested it through the service writer, it would have been a $250 charge. For three minutes labor, admitting the ECU was already hooked up. That had taken another four minutes. Looks like about two mpg improvement with the new map and less noticable turbo lag on initial acceleration.