View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
easyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPerrella
Ok in here you say that 01 cars have SOME CAN bus stuff and mention specifically the instrument cluster.

I know in e-mails back and forth you said that an 01 has mostly all CAN bus but here it seems your suggesting only the instrument cluster is CAN bus. What about all the other items mentioned? I hear so many different things about 01 02 cars and depending on the date of the post it seems that 02 got all CAN bus, and then in later posts it seems that 01 in fact had all CAN bus.

Sorry i am confused and just would love some clarification.

What are you guys paying for USED 7.8 DME's? whats a good price? I checked Sunset and NEW they are $1185 and would come with whatever engine map you want i assume. I wonder what it costs to buy ANY 7.* DME and then when i decide to have the 3.8L X51 engine what it costs to have the service department flash the DME to run that specific engine.

Whats the going rate for the used DME, and whats the going rate for a reflash by Porsche to a different factory engine map?
Like I told you in my last email, the HVAC, cluster, and ABS are controlled in 01 by CAN bus... I also said I didn't know about Traction Control... I didnt look that up as I don't have it. To confirm it you would have to find 7.8 Wiring Diagrams (and they AREN'T) in any bentley or online 986 manual Ive ever found.

I apologize for the confusion here, and I apologize if it confuses you... to be honest, I think you should just go buy a porsche workshop manual and wiring diagram... so you can find this definitive answer for yourself.

As far as DME source... you have either a junkyard or new... make sure you have the VIN of the used or a dealer who is willing to look it up for you... the usual Porsche junkyards you see in Pano and Excellence have decent prices... just call them. If you try to buy one new, be ready to wait or pay alot ot have it expedited.
1987 928 S4 white on red and... dead
2004 Chevy Surburban... drinks gas like its cheap or something
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote