View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #15
jmatta

To be honest, I don't remember if there were brackets or not. I do remember the radio sliding in quite easily like it was supposed to be there and it will require the radio "tools" to remove it. It took more time to fish the climate control cables upward and the radio cables down. There were no "custom" pieces used; only the existing factory pieces (I did need to buy the CC face plate and upper/lower bins). The only mod that needed to be done was to remove the upper tab on the lowest storage bin, as it interfered with the radio bottom. I simply cut it off with a razor since it's plastic and it too, snapped right in.

My car originally came as (top to bottom):

cupholders (useless),
radio,
CD holder (who takes cds out of the case?)
climate control

The only downside to this setup is the radio readouts can be a little difficult to read in sunlight because of the angle. This doesn't bother me because I never use the thing anyway. I'd rather listen to my Evo Hi-Flo, secondary catless, sport exhaust system!

I like the two bins as a place to put small stuff when you're off for a drive.
I also got rid of the ashtray and put the non-smokers bin in it's place...perfect spot for my phone.

And the funny part; all the parts I removed were in mint condition, so I sold them on eBay for more than the new parts cost me, even with shipping.

Last edited by jmatta; 07-13-2008 at 07:16 AM.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote