View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #2
Quickurt

Mazda has a reman contractor in Summerville, just west of Charlston.
Wifey and I went to Charleston, once, and are planning going back in the box.
In the old downtown area they have the old slave market that is now a big flea market/farmers market kind of atmosphere. All around that area are quite good resturants. From there go farther south to Battery Park. It's across the bay from Ft. Sumter and the park itself is quite nice. This is the old, very wealthy, restored section of old Charleston. It's worth a couple of hours driving around with the rag stored. The streets are narrow and the houses multi-story. We went in the Mazda CX7 and both had cricks in our necks from trying to look up. A sunroof is NOT a ragtop! We decided to get ripped off on a horse and buggy tour and it was the first one I was not mad about afterward. Wifey loves them, I normaly hate them, but this one was nice and worth it. Tons of southern history.
Go up US17 north, across the river and get off on the first exit for Mount PLeasant and go out to Sullivans Island and Ft. Moultry. I thought this was also worth the effort.
All in all, you should enjoy several trips back to visit your daughter.
My oldest daughter is an Army doc stationed in Olympia, WA with our only grandchild. Wifey is out there now visiting for a month. (teacher)
Younger daughter is working 13 months in Germany for a resort called Edelweiss.
Atlanta to Charleston is too easy!! :dance: