View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
So from the other post it sounds like it could either be a bad O2 sensor, vacuum leak, or a bad MAF sensor. Sounds like it will be fun trying to get to the bottom of it. Right now the only code I'm getting is the P1130 (states that it's 1 of 1 errors). Not the P1128 or any other code.

1. So what exactly does it mean when you're running rich? What kind of issues will you have with your car if it runs rich for too long?

2. Should I be worried about driving it through the weekend before I can get it in the shop?

3. Who has the best prices on O2 sensors?

4. Would this be a good time to install those new ebay headers that I got? I think it would require deleting the first set of cats and possibly the first set of O2 sensors? Eliminating the need to buy two new O2 sensors.
Let's start with your problem, which is most likely NOT an O2 sensor failure, but an issue upsteam causing the O2 sensor to read out of range. Common source is a MAF issue, but you really need to get the car hooked up to a diagnostic system that can read the actual data (called a PID log). Stay away from "parts swapping" as the O2 sensors are anything but cheap, and changing them when it isn't required is a waste of time and money. If you don't have the capability your self, take it to someone that has both the tools and knowhow to work on Porsches....................
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote