View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #11
Quickurt

Solstice crap

A good friend of mine bought a Solstice (sp?) last year. He is sick he has this piece of crap. It's been back to the dealer on a monthly basis to repeatedly fix the same fall apart, typical cheap crap problems. But thats the easy part to take. What he's really sick of are the repeated serious problems with the car. They have replaced front shocks and suspension several times and the replacement parts are just more of the same crap that failed the first, second, third, etc., times.
I stop by Brumos at least once a week, as my salesman and I are friends. I've known the parts manager for 35 years, as I actually twisted wrenches there many moons ago.
I almost never see a box in the service department. The service department whines because there's almost no work to do on Boxs and Caymans, especially compared to Porsches of only a few years ago.
As far as the negativity around here, well, I've seen it before. I used to have an RX8 and it was a great car for the money, but also had some problems. The RX8 forum was originally a fun place. Being a vendor to Mazda and having inside contact with both North America Operations and Mazda Japan, I did what I could to get people together with folks who could help solve their problems. Mazda bent over backwards to take care of their customers, even replacing engines in cars not-too-far out of warranty, as I've heard Porsche has also done. No manufacture is going to replace engines in cars years and thousands of miles out of warranty.
Before long the guys with the problems take over the entire forum and the rest of us walk away to places we can enjoy. Better yet, we take the time wasted listening to the whiners and spend it DRIVING OUR GREAT CARS.
The choice is yours.
If you don't like your Boxster, sell it, trade it, park it or burn it, it's yours. You are quite free to buy anything else in it's place and then go to their forum and complain how much you miss your Boxster.