View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000SoCalBoxsterS
Allen, I've never been to Lime Rock before. I should use the Main Gate entrance at 60 White Hollow Road right?

Sorry to get back to you after the fact. I hope you made it over OK. It turned out to be a beautiful day after all and we returned home with the top down. We had put it up last night in anticipation of the rain predicted by our green friends at the weather channel. How these folks get off telling us what the temp of the earth will be in 10 yrs when they cannot predict what will happen a day in advance is beyond me, but I digress.

Nice to see some Boxsters on the track and listen to those raspy exhaust tones. Did not meet anyone from this board but did see a lot of nice 986 machines in the lower paddock along with a line of Caymans. Since we were also invited by Danbury Porsche to do some parade laps I took advantage and drove the Cayenne S on the track. Good Grief! The torque in that is astonishing. I tapped the throttle and it took off on me. We were restricted in how fast we could go but this monster was ready to hustle on sport setting. I haven't been on the track in years but it came right back to me and I wish I could have pushed a little more.

Our hospitality tent was nice and it was good to see some old friends. The next event we will be attending at Lime Rock will be the ALMS race in July. Until that time I hope to eventually meet some of you, perhaps at one of the Bear Mtn. Wed night meets this summer?

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote