View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Just got my car back from the shop with my new retro fit glass window top! Looks great! You're right the window does feel a little lowwhen looking through the rear view mirror. The shop said that there was evidence that the top had already been replaced once. Probably right before I bought it.

So does everyone agree that RaggTopp protectant is the best thing to use to protect the German A5 canvas?

Also, for anyone who's had their top replaced how long did you wait before putting the top down? The Robbins guidelines said a week. The shop told me play it safe and go two weeks to let the canvas stretch.

Another thing the Robbins guidelines said was that tinting the window could lead to the window shattering. Maybe something to do with the defroster kit? Has anyone with a glass window had theirs tinted and if so have you had any issues with it? I was really looking forward to getting my windows tinted. Texas summer is rolling around.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote