View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #11
Ofishbein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwl21
thank you for all your help guys. looks like litronics are certainly the way to go. Just to check, these WILL be compatible with a 2000 Boxster 2,7? Don't want to try and put something in the car that consequently could damage it.

On design911.co.uk(thanks Ofishbein) they have a set of litronics and also rear light and side repeaters for the 986 coming to a total of £842.41 is that a fair deal?

Cheers

J
The price is probably about right, considering an exchange rate of ~$2.05 to the pound (I haven't checked lately). I know you can get the rear lights in the US for about $250 for the pair, but it's probably easier getting everything from one place. I live in CA and shipping for the headlights was about $150. I don't know how much extra the tail lights might add to the cost.

I can't speak for the fitment, but I think all 97-04s are the same. You may want to check part numbers with a dealer.

If ordering the Litronics from Design911, be sure you get the "euro" version. The beam has a definite "Z" pattern and you don't want to inadvertently order the UK version lest you blind oncoming traffic. Also, be sure to click on the set instead of the separate right and left units. The price is better plus they come with the clear corner pieces.

Good luck.
Ofishbein is offline   Reply With Quote