View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
insite

for those interested, i recently installed a stebro race exhaust on my car and took some video. the muffler took about three weeks to arrive via some company called BAX Global. i had to pick it up at their location by the airport. MAN, that company sucks. it took them an hour and fifteen minutes to find my muffler even though they called me to come pick it up.

once it arrived, i went to install & realized it wouldn't fit my car. the brackets were all wrong for a '99 2.5L. i fabricated a bracket and installed. it's pretty loud, but it really sounds great. i had it at the track thursday & got a lot of comments on how good the car sounded. several guys that were out with me are now planning on making this purchase.

the resonance between 2k and 3k is there, but it's NOT typical resonance where everything shakes and the sound takes on a brash tonal quality. instead, it just gets very loud in the cabin. sounds good, but loud.

the following three videos will show some of the difference between stock vs. stebro. the first one is a lap at full pace with stock exhaust. the second is an out lap, accelerating from the pit at full tilt on a medium paced warm up lap. the third one is mostly full pace with the stebro, passing a boxster S and a superformance cobra in the process.

FYI, to cut down on wind noise, the microphone is actually in the trunk for these videos. i'll try to take some w/ in-car mic both top up and top down in the future. i'll also try to post a drive-by at the track. enjoy.

Stock Exhaust, Full Pace

Stebro Exhaust, Warm-Up Pace

Stebro Exhaust, Full Pace w/ Passing

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote