View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #56
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I assumed you had been busy with the car, we haven't heard anything in a few days.

I uploaded a picture of my temporary gauge cluster the other day on out intercooler thread. Boxster intercooler???....

My next phase...
Cat delete!!
I am deleteing my only pair of cats and install a set of electronic cutouts for the exhaust. I will be able to run almost complete straight pipes or quiet it down for long trips or that cell phone rings.

The only question I still have is weather or not I will run the cutouts via boost or a switch.

With this mod Turbowerx feels I will getter faster spool and possibly a little more boost.
The exhaust mods may be 45 - 60 days away it all depends on my mechanics schedule.
Hey Gary,

Cats eh? Is that a significant bottle neck in the system? It seems like there isn’t much in the exhaust system to change that buys you much except peace of sound. I’ve been looking for electric bypasses for quite awhile myself. I was only going to do it for sound (ala Pedro sport exhaust) if it was cheap and easy. It’s easy but not terribly cheap.

Have to be really careful out here screwing with emissions, every 2 years It’s a real nail biter. When my time comes up again I’ll be posting looking for clueless smog stations in So. Cal.

Right now I’m trying to sort out this AIC. Nice. versatile piece of work, but for the versatility you’ve got figure what you have. I.E. theirs 8 different ways a car can send an rpm signal x dozens of variations on each of those. Then comes the tunning…

Regards, Peter