View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #9
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartguys
Yes, sorry, forget to mention - the dealer noted at my 70,000 mi service that it was in need of replacement. I chose to save the $425 ridiculous amount they were asking to do replace it -- the $799 for the service was enough.

Thanks for pointing out/Kelly
Kelly:

You can avoid wasting more money by buying the Bosch 02 sensors, rather than the "Porsche" 02 sensors, which are made by Bosch. There is no difference (other than the packaging, and sometimes a 986 part number stamped on it) whatsoever between the two if you get Bosch part number 13806. It has the identical connector with no modification needed.

The last time I bought one from ************************************************************, the Bosch 02 sensor even had the Porsche part number stamped on it. Less than 1/2 the price the dealer wants.

After you get the car up safely on jackstands, it's a piece of cake. Picture unscrewing a bolt from some threads which are mounted on the side of a metal tube, and screwing another one back on. It's that simple, coupled with disconnecting and reconnecting the electrical connection.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote