View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
cas951

Using Motive power bleeder is the way to go. Before you purchase the brake fluid keep in mind what color your brake fluid you're already using. If possible use one that is a different color than what you already have so you will be able to see if you have new fluid coming out of the bleeder screw. Before I start the process I usually siphon as much fluid as I can from the master cylinder. I use a giant syringe to do this.

Replacing pads without changing rotors is very common among DIY mechanics. One problem you may face is the pad vs rotor mating surface is not true. The rotor already has a wear pattern and the pad is new and has no wear pattern. This may cause brake squeak, uneven braking or shimmying. You can correct this by breaking in the pad to the rotor. You do this by hard braking from 50 mph to 0mph hard. Do this about 10 times untill the pads are broken into the rotor wear pattern. Dealers or independent shops recommends or require replacing both or resurfacing rotors at the same time for a couple reasons.
1. Job is done right the 1st time
2. $$$$$$
3. No complaints and returns and a happy customer
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote