View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Kirk

Halogen Bulbs To Go With Litronics?

I picked up some litronic lights this weekend for my '00 Boxster S. Overall I'm pretty happy with the lights, but the yellow halogen lights left (fog and high beams) don't look good. So I'm wondering what kind of fix others with litronics have done.

I bought some Sylvania Silverstar lights. Fortunately I tried one package before opening the other since I was NOT impressed by what these did. Using the Silverstars for the H7 fog lights is a total waste. There is a yellow lense in bottom section of the fog light housing. So, no matter what, the fog lights will give out a slight yellow light. I kind of noticed an improvement with the Silverstars, but only very, very slight and not worth $38 a pair to do it. I swapped regular Sylvania halogens back into the fog lights and now I'm running the Silverstars as the high beam H7 bulbs. They still don't look good to me though as they're noticeably more yellow than the litronics. Maybe I just picked up some bad Silverstar bulbs... Well I'm stuck with them now. Have others had a similar experience with Silverstar bulbs?

What are you guys doing for the H6W city/parking light in the litronics housing? I could not even find this bulb locally and the parts guys didn't recognize it. So I figured finding it in a white/blue version would be tough. I happened to have some blue translucent paint that I sprayed them with. Looks much better although too blue. I prefer the look to the yellow though. Anyone found a cheap source for a white LED version? I've seen some posts that mention one internet source. I'm wondering though what others are actually using or if they're just leaving them stock.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote