View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 04:16 AM   #8
jfmillr

Well I felt compelled to respond since I have seen the 986 TT eat up the EVO VIII and several other cars. The TT boxster (boared to 3.4) when properly tuned gives 450-500 hp. You might think there is no way, but when you have seen these two cars on the line on a quater mile track its interesting to see the EVO hang around 12(trap times about 105) seconds on the 1/4 mile and the TT boxster was pulling 10.5-11 seconds(trap times give or take 115).

Both cars had very experienced racers behind the wheel. The runs were done multiple times for accuracy.
Its funny because your response is the same response the EVO guy made after a run or two...he said, "...there is no way!" Thats what he said after two runs. And after about 6 he gave up and swallowed his pride and then watched the TT boxster walk a 996 TT (more or less stock)
Maybe you should take a look at www.t-t-p.de or www.gemballa.com
You can get a look at some more info from these sites...
LoL...your comments soud like the guy that owned the EVO...Well put me in a modified TT 986 and anytime I will line up with an EVO...and watch the silly look on his face as hes pounding the steering wheel in disbeleif after throwing your hazards(confirming the kill) on when you are 50-100 ft in front of hima 1/4 mile later...

Last edited by jfmillr; 02-09-2005 at 04:20 AM.
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote