View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #7
clubhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmillr
...I have seen the twin turbo dust a heavily modified EVO multiple times. ...[/url]
I assume you're referring to the Mitsubishi Evo? It must've been modified badly. There's no way a TT Boxster can outrun a properly heavily modified Evo. I had the Evo V myself couple of years back. By changing the cams, exhaust system (manifold, muffler, cats), intake, fully programmable ECU and boost controller, I was already putting out 280bhp at the wheels. That's 400bhp at the flywheel assuming a 30% drivetrain lose for a 4WD system! My 0-62 was already sub 5! Of course, the usual 1.2t race clutch/pressure plate upgrade was done to sustain the increase in power.

I wouldn't even considered my Evo to be heavily modified compared to the ones locally. There's the 2.2l engine upgrade kit that comes with forged crank, pistons, the works. Once that goes in with the proper EMS (Motec, Autronic, Apexi Power FC), it'll already be in 996 TT territory or even beyond.

Then again, I'm told that Evos in US are somewhat different (detuned) from the ones the rest of the world gets. Because of emission regulations. However, the car should be able to be brought back to 'normal' with some proper tuning.

So never ever think you could outrun an Evo in a Boxster. Chances are you'll be smoked by one. It's better to just let them pass and avoid the embarressment. Because when you're driving a Boxster, it's not just about speed anymore
clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote