View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #30
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAY
...If you do the water injection on it there will be no issues with heat at all. It is very reliable and safe to run more boost. As a matter of fact the damn thing runs too rich anyway. ....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JAAY,

Glad I found you & Have fun with the 3.4. Hate to pester you, but you’re the first person I’ve heard of that has messed with this sort thing in the same way I’ve been planning to.

I’d come to the conclusion on my own that H20/methanol would do the trick nicely and then some, but I’d not heard of anyone doing it. Only lot’s of horror stories of catastrophic blow-ups, (likely due to detonation).

I was planning to “pulley” just up to 6 PSI, a little nervous though with all the urban lore. Thus this thread. Did you have it on good advice that a 7lb boost wouldn’t hurt you with the h2o/meth injection (or was it an educated/extrapolated conclusion)? What sort of WI system did you opt for; a simple progressive stage 2 type? or a Stage 2 with MAF input (or similar feedback)?

And finally, were you concerned at all with stress on any of the internals? I know it will have a wear out faster, but as long as it doesn’t go boom I’m alright with it.

Thanx a ton, PK

BTW, Are you doing anything to your 3.4 or are you leaving it more or less stock.