View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson95
blink-

I'm going by the OEM weights on http://www.944racing.de/ vs. what one of the guys with the Italian aftermarkets told me his weighed. I think there was 2 pounds difference all around vs. 4lb front/6.6lb rear for the OEM if memory serves. I decided to just wait and be happy with what I have.

This doesn't count tire weight obviously.

Thanks to all who answered. I know the original Porsche rear wheel is under 10" in width thereby being lighter in weight. My current 17" are 7" up front and 8.5" in the rear and I imagine they weigh less than if I added 8" and 10" wheels. Adding weight is not a good thing on my base '02 so I am really considering the pros and cons of a conversion. It would be nice to lose about 100lbs. out of the car. When I am driving alone with a half or less tank of gas the difference is remarkable from when wife (112lbs) and the tank is full. There is only so much you can realistically do and still have the nice car stay that way. I have seen lightweight batteries, carbon fiber hoods, no-spare (not an option with me) and a few other minor changes for lowering weight without getting too nuts.

Whatever the case, I am getting a little nuts with our weather that is keeping the Boxcar under wraps...............I really miss driving it and my unheated garage prevents polishing and detailing work...........woe & alas........where is my global warming?????

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote