View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #9
turbo23dog

I just completed this mini-project on my 2000 S. Very helpful instructions here. While some of the above description may not make immediate sense, it really is pretty straight forward once you are in the wheel well.

Remove the driver's side front wheel and view the side of the wheel well that is under the washer pump. Remove the two nylon nuts and one plastic rivet, gently bend the wheel liner back (needs some amout of force to pop out) and the hose and the fitting for the hose will be in plain view.

For the plastic rivet, I didn't use the fork method but did use two small flat head screwdrivers to gently pry up the center stud of the rivet. Once the stud was out, the remaining part pried up easily.

I used the recommended hose clamp method to secure the hose on the barb fitting. I needed a stubby screwdriver to tighten the hose clamp as space is tight up in there.

By the time I was washing my hands, I realized what a neat picture it would have been to post the hose laying in the well and the barb it attaches to. With any hope at all, I won't be back in there again anytime soon. The next person to do this fix - bring your camera!

Rich F
No VA
2000 Boxster S Speedster in Speed Yellow

Last edited by turbo23dog; 10-26-2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added sig
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote