View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
FrayAdjacent

Boxster top getting replaced on 20 Oct (pics of new top)

I'll be replacing my top on Saturday the 20th (next Saturday). Got the top in earlier this week.

Here's some pics of the Robbins glass window top unboxed: (this is the Space Gray color, it's darker than my current top, which is probably somewhat faded from exposure)

In the box:

All the paperwork, and the wrapped up top:

The cable for the defroster, and the strap for assisting 'service mode':

A good closeup of the canvas:

The top laid out:

The one side (inside) of the glass window:

The canvas feels pretty thin, but then it doesn't need to be really thick. The worksmanship looks great! I think this will definitely be a GREAT improvement on the appearance of my car.

I'll be documenting the process of replacing the top, to hopefully expand a little on the DIY that is on Mike Focke's page. Since my top has a headliner, I'll have to document it's removal and reinstallation during the process, to help out with 01 and 02 cars (since the 03s changed top design anyway).

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote