View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 05:25 AM   #1
meerzee

Unhappy "Boxsters suck!" From an 11 year old. (my personal rant)

I was leaving a fair last night in Mandeville visiting my 2 sisters who were actually working the event. One of my sisters is as wealthy as a movie star and as luck would have it --- of course the other is not at all. Well, I didn't tell em anything about my "new" Boxster until I got there and they were excited for me. Upon leaving, the "movie star" sister's (both in looks and $) son (yes my nephew) ----
looks at my car parked behind his mom's S600 AMG apparently waiting for reaction to my sister who says, "Look at his new Porsche, it is a Boxster S convertible" says "ohh, Boxsters they suck." and jumps into his mom's car.

Of course this is coming from a spoiled brat who just turned 11 and whose father drives everything from Viper GTS-R's to Gallardo's, so I guess in some ways his dad has mentioned that Boxster's "suck" in comparison. Just thought it was a rude comment (no offfense taken honestly), but definitely a poor way to raise a child IMHO. I know that other wealthy people know how to raise their children and they do it with proper morals, respect and character.

I never had the silver spoon, I remember literally scraping coins together off the floorboard of a 1980 rusted out Fifth Avenue that I paid $200.00 after college (when I was 23, had a new shotgun wife and an unexpected new daughter) just to drive thru the burger place one more time to feed us ($0.99 burger) for one more night. I made the choice to go out with an engineering degree in hand and still work 3 jobs: stocking groceries at night 7 days a week, framing and roofing on the weekends (every weekend) and working my entry-level engineering job during the day for nearly 2 years to get us on proper footing. It was hard work, it was sacrifice and it definitely was humbling & humiliating at times... but it built character and strength.

Later I gave back by joining the Army (256th Infantry HQ) & becoming extremely active in Habitat for Humanity and now still run teams for rebuilding projects at least twice a month....it makes me feel a tad bit selfish sometimes when I drive my 'S' after having to work for so much for so long to get where I am today, but I still remember myself as a child with posters, collecting magazine ads, and just dreaming of one day owning a Porsche....just because I loved the pure emotion of what it stood for in my heart.

Yeah, apparently that same Porsche that "just sucks" ----
Oh well, we cannot all be spoiled disrespectful sons of movie stars.

I just hope that somewhere along the way a lesson is taught to this child that isn't too painful. Status of our times or just poor parenting? Dont know.

Just thought I would share --- thanks for tolerating my rant.
All my best,
M

Last edited by meerzee; 10-13-2007 at 05:30 AM.