View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 AM   #59
kt1

I hope you know that you have frame damage on the front left frame rail. You also have bends in the front left upper fender rail. Your front body panel also needs to either be repaired or replaced. Your quarter panel is going to take a lot of pulling, before you start bonding you need to get a body pull first to straighten the body out. Sometimes doing that pull some of the body panels straighten out a bit (like your quarter panel).

Simply putting the panels on and bonding is not going to repair this vehicle. Boxster's are unibody frame designs and therefore have welded panels together with rails that act as the frame. Look at the fender's inner structure (where the inner upper and lower rails will be at) since you have it removed and look for any kinks or bends in the convulated panels that were meant to fold in an accident.

If you look at your first picture you have "sway" frame damage where one end is swayed up higher than the other end. Get it body aligned and pulled first before you do your repairs, its a general rule of thumb of body shops.

But anyway, hopefully you get to your highschool's frame pull machine soon. Since I'm a claims adjuster so I see this quite often...to be honest just on first look without seeing it in person and only in the pictures it looks to be more than $9,000 in repairs/replacements/body pulls/frame alignment/ and sectioning of that front body panel and/or your quarter panel.

Last edited by kt1; 09-04-2007 at 07:02 AM.
kt1 is offline   Reply With Quote