View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
FrayAdjacent

Jeff,

It's definitely best to get the whole car up, but you can still do it on ramps. I did mine that way.

Order a filter, filter cannister O ring and a new drain plug crush washer. Then find 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0W40.

Pull the drain plug and let it drain. And drain. And drain... and wait a little... no... it's STILL pouring out... (it takes a while to drain!!) Let it drip until it pretty much stops dripping. Probably a good idea to walk away for 20 minutes or so.

Reinstall the drain plug with the new crush washer.

Remove the oil filter cannister and drain it into your drain pan. I'd go ahead and wipe off the exterior, then the interior (with separate clean paper towels or something similar). With a little new oil on your fingers, wet the new O ring, slip it over the top of the cannister where the old one was. (oh yeah, take the old one off first). Stick the new filter into the cannister. Install the whole thing.

Start putting your oil in via the filler in the rear trunk. I'd recommend putting in 9 quarts, and then start the engine, let it run for a minute or so, then shut it off. Tur off the ignition, then turn it back to the run position, where it shows the oil gauge. See where the oil level is, and add oil as needed. (one bar on the gauge has been shown to equal about 1 cup of oil. That's a cup, like you use to measure flour with, not drink beer with).

Once topped off, enjoy!

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote