Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Site Assistance or feedback here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2003, 01:00 PM   #1
JT
Administrator and Founder

PPBB is fast to delete

Wow,

I put a thread there asking for feedback on the new look here and I dont think it lasted 5 minutes before being trashed :ah:

Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #2
JT

It gets worse. Now their members are having theor own posts deleted I hear you cannot even put links to ebay boxster stuff on that site.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:24 PM   #3

Unhappy PPBB

They just don't like you Jorge, face it. Kinda funny actually the attitude they have over there. I have never quite understood it.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:25 AM   #4

Talking PPBB long and winding road

Well, you know there is a tremendous investment of time, effort and energy in PPBB. I surf the site at least a couple of times every day. My main ******************** with the site is that it is so long and has so many threads that I usually can't get to the good stuff until 20 or 30 minutes of surfing. Not sure why any mention of 986 forum would be found to be objectionable. PPBB has links to dozens of Boxster sites (mostly very old). Any way, there must be lots of folks who use and enjoy both boards. What's the problem with that?
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:17 AM   #5

I surf the PPBB along with the Pelican board frequently. However, I have one major problem with both of these boards, which is why THIS FORUM is my preferred hangout: The guys on the other borads are really into trash talk. For example, I rarely read positive water-cooled car stuff on the Pelican board. The air cooled guys refuse to admit we have real Porsches, which, IMHO, will usually kick butt over the air cooled cars. True, the "mechanical" sound of an older Porsche is sweet, but, time does move forward. Also, it seem the older cars are so modified, they are not the original car anyway. PPBB guys seem to also be "better then thou" whiich gets rather old.

Keep it up Jorge -- Who cares what the "other" guys think of your forum -- IT ROCKS!!!
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:27 PM   #6

Smile trash talk belongs in the trash can!

Let's admit it - there is a great deal of insecurity and/or a superiority complex with certain Prosche/high end car owners. Having owned a 911, 993 and C4S as well as two Boxsters, I can understand and enjoy all these models. I even have a real weak spot for the 914. The size of your wallet should not determine the extent of your enthusiam. If you can't afford a 996 Turbo, you can still enjoy a Boxster, a 944, a 924, whatever. The Boxster happens to be the best fit for me. I don't need anyone else's approval, acceptance, whatever. Keep the right spirit and the "real" Porsche people will know where to go.
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:54 AM   #7
Forum Contributor

William you nailed one aspect of the other forum on the head, you don't need acceptance from someone else. It is almost as if I don't want to put that on my car or do this or that if someone on this forum is against it or the majority doe's not think that it is acceptable.
I grew up with my first Porsche 56 Speedster, still wish I had that car. I loved the look, I did not go out and ask a bunch ofd people if they liked it. Same with every Porsche that I have owned.
I have had 9 914s at one time, down to 4 now, but they are a fun fun car, especially my six. The Boxster to me is what the 914 would have developed to. I will probably always own a 914.
What do you all think??
CCLinLOO
Old 02-09-2003, 02:46 PM   #8

William and Craig,

VERY WELL STATED GENTELMEN!!!

This is what is is all about. P-cars are awesome, regardless if one's wallet is Carrera-GT or used-924. They are all Porsches; with world class workmenship (or quality for the 21st century business verbage), handling, and looks.

Guys on various boards really need to realize this. However, I realize we all have freedom of speech.......
Old 02-09-2003, 05:13 PM   #9
JT

looks like I may need to post some pictures of the old Yugo again so you can see what a real sports car is
Old 02-09-2003, 05:26 PM   #10

I once had a mid-70s Pontiac Astre -- It might also qualify!!