Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #41

Hmmm, ....definitely a conversational piece!

dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #42
boggtown

Heres a quick vid I made. Valves full open, just dorkin around. I havent listened to it on rear speakers yet so it might sound like ********************. I used this other persons camera so I have no idea if it will be clear or muffled, or distorted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGb5O8XmqqI
I just uploaded it so if its not availible wait a little while.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #43

Very creative as always.
Get 3 spoke steering wheel, and there's no more to mod
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:16 PM   #44

I like the gemballa badge if you are sporting some gemballa products, but from looking at your car, I dont think you are using any of their products. Just like the factory "turbo" badge, I like it but I would not put in on my non turbo 986. I still think you have a good lookin ride...
986s sport design pkg, aerokit 1, litronics,deviating seat stitching, guards red seat belts, cf ebrake/shift knob,ssk, sport seats, hard top, full alpine system with 8" sub, mb quart speakers, Champion rg5, Eibach springs, sport exhaust, rear stess bars, custom ecu program, desnorkle intake, euro bumper, rear diffuser
ray986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #45
boggtown

Heres an update of my car. Minor modifications such as front plate (small town, odd how I get pulled over exactly one week from my warning... with the officer who pulled me over in the car saying check his front plate, I pulled him over last week. Luckily I put it on less than 24hrs prior), New and improved tail lights, and thats probably it. Saving my money for seats or an iPhone. Enjoy the pics, here are some highlight ones, full album here- http://umkc.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2023231&l=d7032&id=66804639
If anyone wants a high quality version (5 megepixel) just message me.
(Looks like wet paint, just the way I like it, Meguiers 26 yellow wax)

Last edited by boggtown; 06-25-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Always great to catch yourself half-naked in the reflection while taking the picture .

Car looks good - I still like your plates...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #47

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
Always great to catch yourself half-naked in the reflection while taking the picture .

Car looks good - I still like your plates...
haha, funny you mention that.
i used to catch myself in the reflections like that before as well, but tattoo + piercing and parents not knowing about it and being stuck in european ways, i cant walk around the house w no shirt anymore. kinda sucs actually
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 AM   #48
boggtown

I am an optimist, I was half clothed. But here is a little editing that Djomlas did that I wanted to share. Pretty slick...
Old 06-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #49

Hey man... where did you get your dash lights? What was involved with the conversion? How much? Your car looks tight dude.
conradtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #50
boggtown

Adding to my giant spent list, I bought carbon fiber GT3 seats. I bought them from imagine auto. First off, let me point out this picture.

BS!!!!! I was thinking an hour tops... no... more like 3 hours. You have to take the sliders off your old seats, that takes a long time. I had to use a torx socket bit, 13 mm open crescent wrench, 17mm socket, 13 mm socket, and it all sucked. Then you have to put them on the brackets, that also sucks, but no where near as bad. Then you have to put them on the seat, one seat was fine, one seat sucked, cause the holes werent in the right spot I had to stretch metal with my bare hands, lol. It may have been like a 1/3 of a mm, but if its off, its off. Then when you go to put the seats in, the sliders are hard to match up to the holes. So you have to pry them until they pop into place. I then undid the seat belt and put it through the seat hoop so it would look cool. Then I had to tape the seat belt plug into the harness since it doesnt lock into place anymore, I guess thats ok.

First impressions:

Look awesome
Carbon fiber is awesome
Feel good
Very supportive
Feel snug and I mean in a good way
Little lower than stock, enough to where I had to fix my rear view mirror
Very light (my guess is 10 pounds, easily lifted one handed)
Did I mention carbon fiber?
Very very stiff and strong, I put my hand over my head and couldnt bend them

Bad first impressions:

The second time I went to get in I hit my back on the edge of the seat, lol
The first time I went to pull my e-brake, I whammed the hell out of my elbow

Overall, they are awesome, just waiting till I buy some profi II's
I will take pictures this weekend.

Heres the same seats in the link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-GT3-replica-Track-Seats-986-996-GT2-Alcantara_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem320153362130Q QitemZ320153362130
Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 PM   #51

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Did your have an decals like Maxspeeds?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #52
boggtown

Yup, lol. Except they were about a 1/10th of a shade lighter than the brackets so you cant even see them. In the pic they are white, mine are a dark grey.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #53

Quote:
Yup, lol. Except they were about a 1/10th of a shade lighter than the brackets so you cant even see them. In the pic they are white, mine are a dark grey.
Dude did you ever compare the replicas to the OEM side by side? Where are the replicas made?

Just curious, I'm considering new seats among a ton of other things,lol.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #54
boggtown

No, I haven't, but they should be the exact same dimensions. As far as quality concerns ie safety, this seat is on par with oem fiberglass seats. Only as a guess though, I only say that because oem carbon fiber seats probably have Kevlar in bedded in it too. As far as strength, I can pull on them pretty hard and only have it deflect a few millimeters. My suggestions blink, go all or nothing with whatever you do. Get a front bumper and sideskirts together, get seats, get full exhaust from header back, get new wheels and tires, supercharge it. Because when its in a transition period (when I had my GT3 front bumper on without skirts) it looked good, but odd. Like I said, whatever you do, just save and get the best you can afford because when you start replacing things it eats up tons of money. Example, buying cheap wheels then deciding to buy good ones later on, lots of lost money. Oh, and be tasteful... dont want to see you on gotrice.com, lol.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #55

Quote:
No, I haven't, but they should be the exact same dimensions. As far as quality concerns ie safety, this seat is on par with oem fiberglass seats. Only as a guess though, I only say that because oem carbon fiber seats probably have Kevlar in bedded in it too. As far as strength, I can pull on them pretty hard and only have it deflect a few millimeters. My suggestions blink, go all or nothing with whatever you do. Get a front bumper and sideskirts together, get seats, get full exhaust from header back, get new wheels and tires, supercharge it. Because when its in a transition period (when I had my GT3 front bumper on without skirts) it looked good, but odd. Like I said, whatever you do, just save and get the best you can afford because when you start replacing things it eats up tons of money. Example, buying cheap wheels then deciding to buy good ones later on, lots of lost money. Oh, and be tasteful... dont want to see you on gotrice.com, lol.
Lol,I guess I'm entering that phase of modding the heck out of the car.

I changed the exhaust,hopefully I can have headers by Halloween.

I've already had 3 different sets of wheels.

Now I'm thinking of seats,lol.

Damn college,if I wasn't going I'd have all this stuff done.......... :troll:
Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #56

I have these seats... They are made by designTek in England... they aren't FIA spec, but they are trying to get them sooner than later. They are actually smaller than oem gt3 recaros, but not by much... its noticeable though. They seem just as strong though. Installation isn't the easiest thing to do... and I floor mounted my driver's side using BK mounting hardware.
1987 928 S4 white on red and... dead
2004 Chevy Surburban... drinks gas like its cheap or something
easyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #57
boggtown

Here ya go, camera phone pics. And yes, its in first, short shifters rule, lol.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #58

Nice dude.

One thing though. Isn't the inside part where the seat belt buckle connects to supposed to be positioned on the inside of the whole,not the outside?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #59
boggtown

Absolutely not. If you saw them, or sat in them, you would see why.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #60

Quote:
Absolutely not. If you saw them, or sat in them, you would see why.
Would it poke and annoy you?