Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2020, 07:25 AM   #1

804_Boxster's White '99

Hey guys,

Wanted to start a progress thread for my Boxster.

The day I picked it up, 2 owner car and a recent 80k with IMS!

First day in it's new home

Manage to snag some lightly used PSS9's and 17" Profil 5s from a guy on Rennlist for an awesome price

Pics with new suspension and wheels

Picked up some Led's to replace the stock lights, it looks ok...I think the full LED headlights look better as well as the HID oem ones. But this will be ok for now.

804_boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #2

I really liked the oem aero v1 side skirts and found a pair on redlineauto in my color!

This is the first round of the roof spoiler, I had tried fabbing one up with fiberglass but I didn't like how it turned out. The cheap Miata one had some nice curves that match the Boxster IMO, so went the route of modifying that to fit. Really just the sides that needed to be flaired out more in order to fit. Really happy with how it ended up turning out.

first round:

second round:

I had some Sparco RS200 seats from an old build that I never ended up using. One of the more comfy bucket seats I've sat in (My cat agrees). I will say the Sparco seat platform is a tough fit in the Boxster. I'm not sure if it's meant to be used with no carpet or what. It definitely took some time to finally get them to fit right.

*Bonus Joe Toth lip fitted

Took it out to the Blue Ridge Parkway...I don't know why I didn't get into Porsche's sooner. Such an amazing car to drive on twisty roads.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:02 AM   #3

You've done more to your car in the few months you've had it than I have done in the seven years I've had mine. Good looking mods. Looks like you[re really enjoying your 986.
Bald Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 01:05 AM   #4
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Very nice! At first I thought those were renderings, lol.
A man with visions to be unleashed.
oem mk1 sideskirts: +1
wheels: 17 or 18"? looking good anyways
frontsplitter: nice, how did you attach it?
fenders: Can it be, that those were rolled already? 1st photo

let's see, how the spoiler works out finally. As those cars are barely driven to their limits, nothing wrong with form-follows-looks (as long as it is safe of course, lol)
Old 10-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #5

@BRAN

Definitely had an idea of what I wanted to do when I got the car lol and it was hard not buy stuff after I recently sold my previous car.

The pics on the DIY thread are renders. The roof spoiler ended up looking really short and not great when I kept it to the window lines. The current one still needs to be cleaned up and painted. It just looks alright from far away

Wheels are 17" - Kind of wishing I had 18 just to bring me a little higher off the ground. But I do like how much tire I can fit on the 17s. Makes for a surprisingly comfy ride being that low.

The splitter comes with hardware that you mount to your bumper. You do have to drill into your bumper fyi. But the fit is very good and feels solid once mounted up. If I decide on painting it I might ad some double-sided tape just to make sure it stuck in place.

I think that's just some shadow, the fenders are stock.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #6

Nice work!

Supporting the 996 & Boxster fanbase
KC-CarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 804_boxster View Post
@BRAN

Definitely had an idea of what I wanted to do when I got the car lol and it was hard not buy stuff after I recently sold my previous car.

The pics on the DIY thread are renders. The roof spoiler ended up looking really short and not great when I kept it to the window lines. The current one still needs to be cleaned up and painted. It just looks alright from far away

Wheels are 17" - Kind of wishing I had 18 just to bring me a little higher off the ground. But I do like how much tire I can fit on the 17s. Makes for a surprisingly comfy ride being that low.

The splitter comes with hardware that you mount to your bumper. You do have to drill into your bumper fyi. But the fit is very good and feels solid once mounted up. If I decide on painting it I might ad some double-sided tape just to make sure it stuck in place.

I think that's just some shadow, the fenders are stock.
Where did you get the front splitter and what’s the cost if I may ask? Thanks
My2kulit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #8

Made a few updates over the winter.

Picked up a Joe Toth duckbill (fits awesome). Replaced tails and sides with smoked led's. Gave up on the roof wing... and found some fogged up 996 headlights for a good deal and spent some time cleaning them up. (Is it a common problem for the wires in these things to be so brittle? both sets seem like they're falling ap)

Does anyone have this splitter or duckbill paintmatched? Curious to see how it looks