Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

Fender Flares

If anyone interested or thinking how they may fit/look...These are the Clinched Classic fender flares...2inch with 14mm spacers.No fender cutting... unpainted.I might go with the 2.7inch Clinched new school,add 18mm spacers but then would have to cut fender ...

eomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #2

Thank you. I was wondering how the Clinched fenders would look and also which model. Are the flares only for rear as I was looking for shots of the front as well? More wheel options if flares look nice installed on front as well. Flare seem to really fit the wheel arch of the Boxster as well.
What is your tire/wheel setup as well?
redciv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #3

19x11 with 265 stretched rear..the flares sit right on the edge of oem fender..If cut fender ..there might be too much roundness.might have to use heat gun to form to body fender..not sure if that would work. ..I put a 1 inch rubber coil lift spacer in lowered spring ,the one that wraps around the spring giving good balance.. When flares are off there's a 1.5 inch gap between tire/oem fender. enough to not rub using 14mm spacers.But if go further out be on 14mm ..tire will start rubbing top of oem fender lip..18's shounld not be a problem.Be best to cut ...for my setup...like what these flares are used for in first place...the stance look. These rims fit without spacers and surpiseing do not rub.But the lip kinda sticks out being 11's...not that it looks bad...which is y I tried these and might as well push the lip out even further with spacers/ flares...I guess designed to right fitment spec. being 19x11. No front fenders yet.Not sure if need.. But yea just to match rears. I guess the 1inch Chinched classic would do the job but front rims do not go be on oem fender...unless harsh spacers in front... like 20mm's..Best to have coilovers to adjust height to work with flares ..but everyone has different setups.

Last edited by eomak; 10-08-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #4

Thanks for the info eomak. I think if I end up purchasing the flares I will actually look toward maybe a 5x114 wheel adapter which for the rear is not a big deal, however most adapters are 25mm, saw a couple that were 15mm, and that makes a flare neccessary for the front even running a 18x8.5. You definitely have me thinking more and more.
redciv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #5

Painted and Fitted....some what works...4 inch flare's with 30mm spacers might look better for the stance look. I am not sure myself if suit car....maybe if the bolt holes were filled in...maybe some like...? maybe some do not...? ...just 3m taped on so can be removed without damage.
Attached Images

Last edited by eomak; 10-27-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:32 AM   #6
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomak View Post
If anyone interested or thinking how they may fit/look...
Not a fan of flares that have that "bolt on" look. Maybe on a Honda, or a Lada.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #7
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Looks good, awesome work. And your TOP is perfectly aligned (wonder what your Special trick was, to get it that low).