Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
My car is ROW also, was passing emails with Rhonda FVD on order of mods. So was curious about the plenum before the exhaust.

She suggested doing the exhaust, filter, software, the plenum. I am thinking to collect all bits and install in one shot. But I am now kicking idea of swapping in fvd headers, fvd sound version muffler, filter, ipd plenum, and software tune.

I miss Germany, great roads, beer, and food!
Not to be the fly in the ointment, but is it going to pass ITV? I know they were going to start plugging into the OBD port on cars at some point. Most of the new ITV employees can't tell a stock car from a modified one unless it's a Leon.

Last edited by ShortRound; 07-08-2018 at 02:08 PM.
ShortRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortRound View Post
Not to be the fly in the ointment, but is it going to pass ITV? I know they were going to start plugging into the OBD port on cars at some point. Most of the new ITV employees can't tell a stock car from a modified one unless it's a Leon.
Well i plan on leaving the stock cats inplace, but I dont have to take my cars to itv center. I would think emmisions shoukd be ok, and the fvd muffler looks stock. With the fvd tune you can put it back to stock. At some point I may have to put it all back. But my indie mechanic suggested a tune. I think mostly need to worry about emissions and noise.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:38 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Naw I don't feel bad. Excuse my bad grammar
"...where I WOULD have had to destroy the trims...BUT I didn't...they are still intact.

Too bad you were unlucky trimming them. It is a PITA to shape them equally and without scratches. It takes a lot of time to find the perfect fit. I was wandering around the car like Nakai-san, checking the looks from ALL possible angles, while trimming them carefully down.
I am happy with the outcome, at least equally elegant and less chrome right in your eye.

The new concept with the stripe design is to avoid bigger contrast to keep balance. Therefore I gonna paint my roll-bar covers in a more subtle color, like e.g. gun metallic.

This post got me thinking 🤔
Ordered some to cut up 😀

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #244

I've got the ring too big. I think it needs to be more like the PhotoShop.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #245
WALDMEISTER

Garage
JB, I went through all your steps. Trimmed the bezels down very carefully and step by step.
I came to the conclusion, that a "wider" trim does not work with the original design. So I ended up with the best possible solution, which somehow is related to the angle of the lenses.
My trims are causing split reactions, half of the people dislike them...but they usually dislike anything non-stock...and the other half likes them.
In your case, I would go back to option #1. I would like to see, what half the width all around would look like.

P.S.: Sadly, I am just too creative to like any ready-to-go solutions or keep anything stock.
Drive it stock or put your personality stamp on it, I still believe that this is what PORSCHEs are built for. What ever floats your boat...what makes yourself happy counts, and only that.

Btw...a rug in the garage, now that is a statement, pretty cool

Last edited by BRAN; 07-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #246

LOL that's what happens when your wife orders new rugs and don't have a truck to hall it off. My car doesn't leak so I vacuum it and it's softer on my bones than the cement.
I'm working on the thinned edges now. I'm more prepared this time 😀
Here's a pic. The silver wrap is what I'm trimming to, not the marker.
Going well so far.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #247
WALDMEISTER

Garage
It will look good in the end, and you'll find the perfect width, I am confident.

I guess you won't need your fog light
I used car wrap foil just like u did, but as soon as I had to cut the fog lights, I ended up taking more and more away (lookwise), until I took it all off again.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #248

It's not easy 😐 I see how that could happen. Here's where I am at the moment. I've not figured out how I'm gonna get the other side to match.

Old 07-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #249

Hey Bran look ��

Old 07-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #250
WALDMEISTER

Garage
some parts came in today...project "Good Wood" is slowly nearing its completion…

Final design of the grey centerpiece is depending on the Subwoofer Project...

Project illumination of the center vents and batwing (amber) is on its way...
Old 07-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #251
WALDMEISTER

Garage
waiting for my emblem glue...i might try to wrap the super round bumper, will give it an extrem long rear impression

oh boy. does my fake vent stick out now
Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #252
WALDMEISTER

Garage
I had to check it out...round surfaces are a pain to wrap, but possible with a high end foil, even for me. I like it, it stays.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #253

Looks great, gives it a finished look!
Old 07-26-2018, 05:57 AM   #254
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
I gotta say that does look good. My question is where do you find the time to do all these wonderful things? Between you and JBauer its like you have a different project every day!
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #255

I'm retired and have nothing else to do 😐 but I could think of worse things 😉
Old 07-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #256

Quote:
I had to check it out...round surfaces are a pain to wrap, but possible with a high end foil, even for me. I like it, it stays.

Wow you must have nerves of steel. I couldn't do it. Looks great 👌
Old 07-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #257
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Actually pretty busy with work atm (employed), and ESPECIALLY then I try take my regular time outs and tinker a bit to de-stress. Super important, I know what I am talking about. I was lucky that I survived last year.
@ JB: Took me a whole hour to do that tiny bit. Luckily it was very warm, so I could stretched the foil without using a hair dryer. It has tiny imperfections, but my whole car has tiny imperfections...which probably no one will ever notice, lol.
Concerning projects, well...ask JB...he was waiting quite often for me to progress with my projects.
Mostly I start my project parallel (when I do have the mind set/creative phase), and then they are being finished one after the other. I release the photos often shortly after each other, so it does look like they are coming out of a production line (I wish). All in all I would say...for 18 years ownership...all could have been done easily within a year...and i am still not finished.

thx guys
Old 07-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #258

Quote:
Actually pretty busy with work atm (employed), and ESPECIALLY then I try take my regular time outs and tinker a bit to de-stress. Super important, I know what I am talking about. I was lucky that I survived last year.
@ JB: Took me a whole hour to do that tiny bit. Luckily it was very warm, so I could stretched the foil without using a hair dryer. It has tiny imperfections, but my whole car has tiny imperfections...which probably no one will ever notice, lol.
Concerning projects, well...ask JB...he was waiting quite often for me to progress with my projects.
Mostly I start my project parallel (when I do have the mind set/creative phase), and then they are being finished one after the other. I release the photos often shortly after each other, so it does look like they are coming out of a production line (I wish). All in all I would say...for 18 years ownership...all could have been done easily within a year...and i am still not finished.

thx guys
Yes I get some of my better ideas on your threads. I dont think Ill ever get "done" 🙂
Old 08-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #259
WALDMEISTER

Garage
interior wrapping...i need to figure out how to do 90° wrapping without wrinkles and then I am good to go and finalize it. UNLIMITED COLOR possibilities

...and I need to try water/hydrotransfer dipping, because I want my Boxster emblem in burl wood ON that wrapped space, that is the plan.
And while finalizing, I will take the chance to include indirect amber Illumination.
The pic is just a test for fitment...it will be invisible pushed in way back.

Last edited by BRAN; 08-13-2018 at 07:39 AM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #260
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Although I love my chrome exhaust tip, it will be replaced sooner or later by the "salt shaker" PSE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IngcKSq1ouw
It is obviously designed to fit the preFL rear cover perfectly