Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 05:14 AM   #61

AwEsOmE MODS!!! Keep'em coming, good work and taste, love it all. Subscribed!

Old 01-10-2020, 12:18 PM   #62
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Yeah, absolutely like that old school rally look. I thought those might have been Hella 500 Comet yellow (fog Lights), which look a little different. Your planned integration is of course just awesome.
I was photoshopping some Porsche 911 GT RSR yellow lights (4 smaller ones) into the front, but it did not do any good to a classic look. So I guess 2 bigger fog lights are just perfect. The Ghetto mounting might have a little space for improvement, though I don't see how.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:58 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevergrowup View Post
Thanks! With my boosted confidens (cockyness?), I'm really itching to try and make something like this:
….

And integrate my foglights into the already battered and beaten front bumper. And get myself a proper paint gun and move away from the rattle cans in the process.

Paint guns make the whole process a lot cheaper, as well as giving you more options on finishes.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:01 AM   #64

My makeshift ski rack above was a bit flimsy and not very smooth looking. However, I had a Thule ski/snowboard rack in the garage, fitted with brackets to fasten them to old school crossbars/roof racks.

I have played with the thought to remove said brackets and maybe drill a hole and use all four cups from the SeaSucker Talon bike rack. The vacuum cups have screw inserts in them and are screwed to whatever rack type you have. And what a piece of luck!! When I removed the Thule brackets they left a hole fitting perfectly. Just used a longer bolt and screwed the SeaSucker cups to the underside.

Looks a whole lot better now. And it cost me zero!

Nevergrowup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #65
WALDMEISTER

Garage
so cool!
reminds me of this alpine prototype

okay, you just need to widen your fenders a bit, new springs and 20" wheels, nothing major. And then think of the fog lights...drool