Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #1

After one summer of ownership: My new to me 2000 Boxster S

So I bought this Arctic Silver 2000 Boxster S back in May after getting a nice insurance check off my totalled Mustang. It has now been a full summer of ownership, and I would like to share what I have done with it so far. I will start from what I did first and finish with what I have done most recently:

The very first thing I did within the first week of ownership was throw on anthracite BBS SR wheels. They give the car a much sportier look imo, and they are always the first thing I get complimented on.

A month into owning the car, I decided to heavily invest into some preventative maintenance. I did the IMS, RMS, a whole new clutch assembly, and changed all the fluids in the car as well as oil and filter.

Around the end of July, I threw on 03-04 style tail lights and wow they made the booty look 10 years younger!!!!

In the beginning of August, I began to notice a lot of shuddering on hard left turns, I had blown a few smoke bombs, and it felt like my car just wasn't breathing healthily. I took it in and had 2 out of 3 motor mounts replaced, replaced my AOS, replaced my MAF, and cleaned my throttle body. After getting the car back, it felt better than when I had first bought it.

The most recent thing I have done is switching out my amber side markers for the clear/smoked ones, and vinyl wrapping my side vents satin black. Took a gamble on the side vents but I'm actually really happy with how they look! Last aesthetic thing to do this year is retrofit the vivo series projector to a pair of clear headlights I have sitting in my garage. Then next year it will be on to some power mods and better sound!

It is safe to say I have been bit by the Boxster bug. I am absolutely in love with this car and may very well be addicted to porsche as well. Pray for my wallet!!!!

Attached Images

2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #2
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Looks great!! I've done some of the same mods that you have and a whole bunch more. I know the feeling about the wallet. I think in the 5 years i've owned it i've spent more on mods than the car cost me . Oh well I could be spending the money on worse things I suppose. Enjoy the fall weather
tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #3

Thanks Tommy! I will undoubtedly spend more on mods than the car cost as well but hey, it's a hobby and a passion!!!
Old 09-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Nice car. Looks like she'll be a keeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #5

Great progress in a short period of time. Now you need a top and frame from a 2003 or 2004 model to get rid of the plastic rear window. Once you start down the road to modification it is hard to stop. You can see what it did to me here: http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/55759-de-changed-some-interior-items.html
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
Great progress in a short period of time. Now you need a top and frame from a 2003 or 2004 model to get rid of the plastic rear window. Once you start down the road to modification it is hard to stop. You can see what it did to me here: http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/55759-de-changed-some-interior-items.html
Ahhhh yes I've followed that thread before, it's very impressive! I think all the interior stuff will have to wait until after I do my exhaust, cat deletes, tb, and udp
Old 10-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #7

Nice BBS wheels, 17 or 18s? +1 on Anthraite
Lapister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapister View Post
Nice BBS wheels, 17 or 18s? +1 on Anthraite
Thanks man! 18x8 in front 18x10 in back
Old 10-15-2016, 05:40 AM   #9

Congratulations on the Porsche purchase! I, also, moved from a totaled Mustang and BMW 7 series to my Boxster. The wheels compliment the car, great choice! Nice start on the repairs and the mods! I have also had to replace my AOS after it blew on me --within three days of ownership. Thank God the shop I purchased it from did the repairs for free :dance:

Converse986Black is offline   Reply With Quote