View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
2000986s

After one summer of ownership: My new to me 2000 Boxster S

So I bought this Arctic Silver 2000 Boxster S back in May after getting a nice insurance check off my totalled Mustang. It has now been a full summer of ownership, and I would like to share what I have done with it so far. I will start from what I did first and finish with what I have done most recently:

The very first thing I did within the first week of ownership was throw on anthracite BBS SR wheels. They give the car a much sportier look imo, and they are always the first thing I get complimented on.

A month into owning the car, I decided to heavily invest into some preventative maintenance. I did the IMS, RMS, a whole new clutch assembly, and changed all the fluids in the car as well as oil and filter.

Around the end of July, I threw on 03-04 style tail lights and wow they made the booty look 10 years younger!!!!

In the beginning of August, I began to notice a lot of shuddering on hard left turns, I had blown a few smoke bombs, and it felt like my car just wasn't breathing healthily. I took it in and had 2 out of 3 motor mounts replaced, replaced my AOS, replaced my MAF, and cleaned my throttle body. After getting the car back, it felt better than when I had first bought it.

The most recent thing I have done is switching out my amber side markers for the clear/smoked ones, and vinyl wrapping my side vents satin black. Took a gamble on the side vents but I'm actually really happy with how they look! Last aesthetic thing to do this year is retrofit the vivo series projector to a pair of clear headlights I have sitting in my garage. Then next year it will be on to some power mods and better sound!

It is safe to say I have been bit by the Boxster bug. I am absolutely in love with this car and may very well be addicted to porsche as well. Pray for my wallet!!!!
Attached Images

2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote