Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2016, 04:45 PM   #1

Worlds fastest 1/2 mile Boxster!?!?!?!?

Greetings all,

Well semi-successful day at the Wanna Go Fast event in Clayton, GA today! I'm not sure if anyone else has run a Boxster at these type of events so I'll unofficially say I have the worlds fastest Boxster!! Although I know there are a few out there badder then mine i'm sure!

I was able to get 4 runs in until I broke the brand new axles DOH!!! I was expecting it, hence the reason I trailered the car to the event rather then drove it! Even brought spare axles but it was to late to bother trying to repair it trackside.

If nothing else I'm a consistent driver!!
Run 1 vs. 928 - 141.3317 mph - WIN
Run 2 vs. 2014 SVT Mustang - 142.0455 mph - WIN
Run 3 - vs. 498 RWHP C6 Corvette - 142.4953 mph - LOSS Got me by 3 MPH but it was neck and neck!
Run 4 - vs. 2017 Stage 3 Roush Mustang 670+ HP - 142.4953 mph!!!! - LOSS Dude hit 150.1 GOOD JOB! Not too shabby for something he just bought off the showroom floor and is still under warranty!!

So if you look at runs 3 & 4 - That's no typo!! Back to back 142.4953!!! WooHoo!

Hopefully the videos came out OK - Of course the best race vs. the vet I don't think I turned on the camera.

Wanna ride shotgun in the Boxster LS376/480 for a full 1/2 mile?!?!? - Well then here ya go! https://youtu.be/IQnfV9x5uGA

OH YEAH! Just in case you guys don't think racing like this is exciting or dangerous - tell that to this poor little guy!!

Yeah that is stuck as F about 150 feet down a hill off the end of the runway - Racing is dangerous kids!!!

Last edited by BoxsterLS376; 05-14-2016 at 09:06 PM.
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:25 PM   #2
CEL P0306

Garage
Well done. How did it handle over 130?
aczyzewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aczyzewski View Post
Well done. How did it handle over 130?
Very well! I'm sure you can tell in the video but that runway was not exactly smooth. There are 3-4 major dips along with a generally rough concrete surface but the car handled it like a champ.

I made quite a few preparations before this event though, was not cheap but then again safety never is and I wanted to be sure the car was safe at those speeds.

H&R Coil overs - If I had still had the stock **WORN OUT** suspension the car would have been scary at those speeds on that surface - TOTALLY WORTH IT.

New BBS Wheels & Sumitomo tires speed rated @ 186+.

Custom alignment done by my boss who is a former Indycar technician and knows his $h*7! Special thanks to John @ Fastlane imports in Smyrna, GA for letting us use his BADASS alignment rack. John also knows his stuff so if you are in the Atlanta area and need an alignment give him a call or contact me and i'll introduce you!

These things are all major factors in making a car safe and capable of handling these kinds of speeds.

I should have some outside of the car videos available soon too including the best race of the day!! Neck and neck with a 498 RWHP Corvette!!

Thanks!
J
Old 05-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
WALDMEISTER

Garage

Looks like fun, congratz...well done. I was amazed, how "quiet" it is in your car at those speeds. But it might just be the video.
After I desnorkeled and respirated my 2.7l with an IPD plenum package, it GROWLS and SCREAMS so loud starting at those speeds like there is no tomorrow...sounds like a 917 inside
Old 05-16-2016, 04:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post

Looks like fun, congratz...well done. I was amazed, how "quiet" it is in your car at those speeds. But it might just be the video.
After I desnorkeled and respirated my 2.7l with an IPD plenum package, it GROWLS and SCREAMS so loud starting at those speeds like there is no tomorrow...sounds like a 917 inside
Thanks! It was a blast and you would be surprised how quiet it is! That was actually a bit louder then it would normally be too because I had the speaker box and engine lid cover carpet removed for the race so I could access the engine easier.

I have a friend who got some video from outside of the car too and once I get my hands on those i'll put together another video.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:25 AM   #6

I'm shocked at how close the spectators are to the track. Looks like fun!
Old 05-16-2016, 03:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I'm shocked at how close the spectators are to the track. Looks like fun!
I think the video makes it look like they are a bit closer then they are, plus the hill is pretty high and would take a bit to get a car up it to hurt anyone. It was tons of fun, I hope to do it again someday.