Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
My 1997 986 5 speed, 57,000 miles



New to this Forum! Thanks!
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #2
still plays with cars...
 
BoxsterSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baden, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,060
Garage
Sweet looking ride in Arena Red!
Lots of room in the trunk for the potato gun and a big bag of Yukon Gold ammo.
Ask me how I know...
__________________
Six speed 2000 Boxster S
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:06 AM   #3
Registered User
 
geraintthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 810
Nice colour, but I'd be sharp to remove that fender badge!
__________________
P O R S C H E . B O X S T E R . S
Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch & on the move roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Courtesy & ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:51 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Sweet looking ride in Arena Red!
Lots of room in the trunk for the potato gun and a big bag of Yukon Gold ammo.
Ask me how I know...
Thanks! LOL
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
Nice colour, but I'd be sharp to remove that fender badge!
Thanks, I will consider it, I kinda like it.
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #6
Registered User
 
geraintthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 810
But it's just pretending to be a Ferrari badge? You may as well stick an 'S' next to your rear Boxster badge!

Either way though, clean looking car
__________________
P O R S C H E . B O X S T E R . S
Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch & on the move roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Courtesy & ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:44 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
But it's just pretending to be a Ferrari badge? You may as well stick an 'S' next to your rear Boxster badge!

Either way though, clean looking car
It's not pretending to be anything, the badge reads Porsche on it. I have seen these on other Porsches. Thanks for the compliment!
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
Custom User Title Here
 
particlewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: KC
Posts: 5,586
Garage
Don't take it the wrong way. The thing is that putting a shield on the fender is usually a Ferrari thing. Add to that the fact that this one is not a true Porsche crest, but rather the Stuttgart crest which looks suspiciously like the Ferrari crest.

Either way, beautiful color and welcome!
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #9
Registered User
 
geraintthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 810
It's a Ferrari badge with 'Porsche' on it.

I've seen Boxsters with small Porsche crests on the fender and they don't look too bad at all - I even went to buy some at one point as I thought they were great.

Take this video for example, he has one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7FjbCDWlU

Each to their own, but anyone who knows anything about cars would think you're being a bit daft there.
__________________
P O R S C H E . B O X S T E R . S
Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch & on the move roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Courtesy & ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
It's a Ferrari badge with 'Porsche' on it.

I've seen Boxsters with small Porsche crests on the fender and they don't look too bad at all - I even went to buy some at one point as I thought they were great.

Take this video for example, he has one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7FjbCDWlU

Each to their own, but anyone who knows anything about cars would think you're being a bit daft there.
No problem, thanks for the video, that crest looks good. I took it off my car. LOL Thanks man!!!!
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #11
Theoretical propagandist
 
Eric G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 789
Garage
Welcome to the group and a really nice looking box! As for the sticker...do whatever your thing is and live in the moment. Problem with joining a group that is focused on a particular "item" is that there will be 10,000 opinions as to how it should look (good or bad). Personally, I like seeing how people deck their rigs.
__________________
When life throws you curves, aim for the apex...
Eric G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:52 AM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Welcome to the group and a really nice looking box! As for the sticker...do whatever your thing is and live in the moment. Problem with joining a group that is focused on a particular "item" is that there will be 10,000 opinions as to how it should look (good or bad). Personally, I like seeing how people deck their rigs.
Yeah thanks, I now how opinions are. The badge is no big deal, just wanted show the car. This is not my first Porsche, I have owned a few, along with other hot rods and muscle cars. Thanks again, glad to be here!!!
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:11 AM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Emerald City
Posts: 883
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly986 View Post
Yeah thanks, I now how opinions are. The badge is no big deal, just wanted show the car. This is not my first Porsche, I have owned a few, along with other hot rods and muscle cars. Thanks again, glad to be here!!!
Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and all of them stink! Lol.

Cool car, looks great for its age. The badge isn't my thing but if you like it rock on. This forum is great and I'd say majority of contributing members are car guys and gals and love talking shop. Congrats on the addition.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #14
Registered User
 
geraintthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 810
Apologies if anyone got the wrong end of my stick! Just didn't want people looking at it and going "Pff, what is that?". I'd rather someone say
__________________
P O R S C H E . B O X S T E R . S
Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch & on the move roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Courtesy & ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintthomas View Post
Apologies if anyone got the wrong end of my stick! Just didn't want people looking at it and going "Pff, what is that?". I'd rather someone say
No problem, it's all good here in Alabama!!! Thanks
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:36 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Nine8Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal, QC. (currently expat to Shanghai)
Posts: 3,085
Wow, great find. Is it okay to ask how much you paid for it? That is about the same mileage mine has here (tiptronic), just curious. PM is okay if you prefer keeping the info off record (I'll respect that).

Fender sticker were just fine man. Stuttgart horse, shield shape... belongs to Dr. Porsche in fact, Ferrari stole it from him lollll (I have no idea to be honest, just trolling...)
__________________
______________________________
'97 Boxster base model 2.5L, Guards Red/Tan leather, with a new but old Alpine am/fm radio.
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:09 AM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Wow, great find. Is it okay to ask how much you paid for it? That is about the same mileage mine has here (tiptronic), just curious. PM is okay if you prefer keeping the info off record (I'll respect that).

Fender sticker were just fine man. Stuttgart horse, shield shape... belongs to Dr. Porsche in fact, Ferrari stole it from him lollll (I have no idea to be honest, just trolling...)
Around $6500.00 this price includes some parts and upgrades I did to the car.

Last edited by hillbilly986; 02-28-2016 at 12:42 PM.
hillbilly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page