Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 05:42 AM   #1

Garage
Stripes!

So, thinking of putting some racing strips on the Boxster. Something subtle, not too flashy. Thinking about something like:

but maybe on just the passenger side. I'd love to see what some of you all have done. Post up some Picts of your cars with stripes!!

Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:11 AM   #2

Garage
Porsche did stripes like that from the factory on a limited run of caymans (maybe boxsters too.) You could try and find a photo of that online and mimic it.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #3

I think they were called Porsche design stripes or something like that. I found a picture!

You could also go with something subtle, maybe martini racing stripes on the mirror? I did the german flag not to long ago.

ルーカス is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:33 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ルーカス View Post

You could also go with something subtle, maybe martini racing stripes on the mirror? I did the german flag not to long ago.

Oh, nice touch! Like that...
Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #5

dude, have you seen this:

https://magnagrafik.com/WholeCatalogue.pdf
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
Whoa, King - that is awesome, thanks!!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #7

We picked up ours last night. The previous owner had put racing stripes on it...

WRC323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #8

The black stripes on black boxster looks good.
I have been wondering what kind of stripes would be good and thought white was too standout
cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbepop View Post
The black stripes on black boxster looks good.
I have been wondering what kind of stripes would be good and thought white was too standout
I think if you don't want to stand out try and go the closest color possible to your car but just go matte! Subtle but will change the car aesthetically!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #10

Garage
Well, if you look at my first post, that is what I was hoping for. Something subtle, understated, classy. What I got was something completely different. The vinyl is definitely somewhat see through, but clearly not as much as I had hoped. It is picking up some of the blue hue from the car, but still looks primarily silver. The good news is that I sorta like it and it's growing on me. Peals off easy if I get tired of it...your thoughts??

Old 03-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #11

I like it!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
Well, if you look at my first post, that is what I was hoping for. Something subtle, understated, classy. What I got was something completely different. The vinyl is definitely somewhat see through, but clearly not as much as I had hoped. It is picking up some of the blue hue from the car, but still looks primarily silver. The good news is that I sorta like it and it's growing on me. Peals off easy if I get tired of it...your thoughts??

I like the stripes to carry thru the bumpers, just looks odd suddenly stopping. However, i like the concept in general.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
I like the stripes to carry thru the bumpers, just looks odd suddenly stopping. However, i like the concept in general.
yeah, me too. MUCH easier to do with paint. with a sticker, it is HARD to get to look right following those lines as it starts to warp pretty bad. we tried and couldn't get it to look right so went with that...
Old 03-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #14

That actually looks way better than I thought! I actually like how it stops pre bumpers. Looks awesome!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ルーカス View Post
That actually looks way better than I thought! I actually like how it stops pre bumpers. Looks awesome!
Thanks! Yeah, not terrible. I hope it adds 2-3 hp. :-)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #16

While I'm not a big fan of the stripe on the hood - I do really like the strip on the rear end. And do like that it stops at the bumper. Again, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. For me, looks great.