Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #1

GT3 Seats in Boxster ??

Anyone have any pics of GT3 seats in a Boxster ? or can anyone confirm fit , genuine Porsche seats and sliders

Thanks
Kevin

01 Boxster S
02 S Hulkster
98670914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #2

The yellow Boxster on the cover of "101 Projects..." has GT3 seats installed. I have replica GT3 seats with Porsche sliders installed in my MY 2000 Boxster. Easy to do.

Here's the installation process for a 996. Same exact procedures.

Rennlist Member Gallery :: DIY GT3 Seats Install

Rick
Old 02-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
Boxster Abuser

favorite part of my Boxster...

And yes, they fit with the factory manual sliders from a 996/986/GT3. You can use the genuuine Porsche side brackets or the Brey Krause versions to mate the seats to the sliders.
4.0L Dry Sump Boxster GT race car - HRG #23
2005 Cayenne S - DD
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric523 View Post
favorite part of my Boxster...

And yes, they fit with the factory manual sliders from a 996/986/GT3. You can use the genuuine Porsche side brackets or the Brey Krause versions to mate the seats to the sliders.

Baby seats? :P

https://www.enhancedautomods.com/shop/comfort-top
Shehadehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Boxster Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehadehd View Post
Baby seats? :P
I'm 220lbs and I fit great! One happy baby
4.0L Dry Sump Boxster GT race car - HRG #23
2005 Cayenne S - DD
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #6

Garage
Ok these are officially on my to do list! Looks great
99' 986 Porsche Boxster - Glacier White/Black interior, 19" ALT Miro Type 371 Wheels, ROW M030 Kit, RSS 7mm Wheel spacers, Smoked Depot Brake lights, Smoked 3rd Brake light, Bosch Smoked side markers/headlight corners, Desnorkeled, Modified Air Filter, Carbon Fiber door sills, Plasti-dipped side mirrors/air ducts, debadged rear, black hood crest, Keyhole delete, Much more to come, stay tuned...
Touch The Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
2002 Boxster S

Garage
They look great. How do they affect the driving position? Lower seat, higher, or the same? Back farther back, forward or the same? I barely fit in my car now, so losing head or leg room would be disastrous, gaining one or both of those would be wonderful.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #8

The seats are great, lightweight and hold you in with a vengeance, and a good harness is then possible which makes you safer and better secured. Just know that the seats are only part of what you will need if you are tracking the car. If you are of average height, you will need BK brackets to keep your height down below your roll bar extension. You will need a custom harness bar and harnesses.. The airbag light will be on, and there are a variety of opinions about whether it is operable at that point.
iaincamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #9

I have them in mine. Best money I've ever spent, I've had them for a year now and absolutely love them. By far the most comfortable seat I've ever been in anD the driving position is fantastic. Getting in and out with the top up is difficult and you can't take fat people in your car which can be awkward, but then again who wants fat people in their car anyways. I bought the aftermarket eBay units for 500 bucks and after 20,000 miles they still look brand new, they're probably not as safe though.
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaincamp View Post
The airbag light will be on, and there are a variety of opinions about whether it is operable at that point.
Simple solution... Remove the wiring harness/box from under the original seats (they are basically zip-tied on to the seat) and reattach to the GT3 seat (factory GT3 seats should be pre-wired). Reattach plug-in from female seat belt bayonet clip wiring, and gone, no more airbag light.

I bought the wiring harness' off a pair of seats and the female seat belt bayonets for both sides from the salvage yard for $60.00 total. (I didn't want to pull the harness off my original seats in case I sell the car someday and keep the GT3 seats)

You'll see what I'm talking about on the bottom of p1, p2 and the top of p3 on this attachment showing how to mount Gt3 seats.

Rennlist Member Gallery :: DIY GT3 Seats Install

The seat swap is pretty simple.

Rick