Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #1

First Porsche - From Carrera S to Boxster S

Hello,

I was originally had saved up to purchase a 2005 Porsche 911 997 Carrera S. Money was in cash ready sitting in the account, roughly last year around 40-50K. It was a matter of finding the clean girl to bring home. Long story short, I got scammed on a deal, and was left standing with $30,000 of my hard earned money gone. Devastated, depressed and sad, the car became the last thing on my mind. Lots of legal attempts later, and didn't receive a penny of that $30,000.

Saved up from the scratch, a year later which was last week, found this gorgeous doctor owned 2002 Porsche Boxster S, with all the options on CL and decided to start right, and start with a Boxster S. Very happy with my purchase, really like the toys this one has. The doctor was telling me, he didn't spare anything and went all out. The car, looks and shows it. Hope you enjoy the pictures, sorry for the iPhone quality pictures. Will get a gorgeous detail later and do some more.

2002 Porsche Boxster S - 30K Miles - 6Speed Manual - PSM - Sport Exhaust - Turbo Wheels - Xenon - Head Light Washer and lots more etc...

Attached Images

Kianfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #2

sorry to hear about the loss but nice Boxster
human986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

Thanks, been enjoying her. Looking for ideas on modding this one. Really like the rear bumper and wheels on this car.

W&M - Porsche Boxster very loud sound - YouTube
Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about the loss .. perhaps another thread with some details as to how you ended up out $30k will help others avoid the same mistake ?

Congrats on the new ride too.
vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #5

I've been looking around and test driving some '99 and up 911 cars. Thinking I would like to "up grade". Funny thing is of the 6 I have test driven so far, non have thrilled me as much as either of my Boxsters.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 AM   #6

Thanks guys, I agree the boxster is in a different world in the handling department.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #7

Welcome, sorry to hear about the money loss but that's a clean lookin boxster
cbbepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
Carnut

Very nice car!
How did you get hosed? No need to tell if the question brings up bad memories....!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #9

Cool Nice Boxster S

Kianfar,
hey, sorry to hear your bad experience there.... i'm sure you're going to get something good back, in so many different ways... just stay positive and learn from that lesson...
at least you have your nice Boxster S to enjoy the start of Spring/Summer!
Life goes on, Enjoy !
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #10

Thanks everyone, someone sold me property that wasn't theirs. They dispeared with the cash. Never pay cash, even if the deal is too good. That's how they suckered me into the deal.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #11

P.S. Anyone know what is the name of the exhaust on my car? Is that Porsche Boxster S factory Sport exhaust.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianfar View Post
P.S. Anyone know what is the name of the exhaust on my car? Is that Porsche Boxster S factory Sport exhaust.
You have the original variant 1 Eisenmann made and Porsche authorized PSE. These are getting hard to find. Do you have a button to turn on or off located within the center dash area or no?

I installed mine without the button and have the butterfly valves set in the open position.

My humble advice if you want alot more power and awesome sound....

Buy Turbowerx headers and Fabspeed by-pass pipes. Your existing cats are running 10 years old now and are robbing the piss out of performance. Trust me, you will not regret.

Nice looking car! Also, for a cleaner look, get the clear side and tail light lenses.

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade View Post
You have the original variant 1 Eisenmann made and Porsche authorized PSE. These are getting hard to find. Do you have a button to turn on or off located within the center dash area or no?

I installed mine without the button and have the butterfly valves set in the open position.

My humble advice if you want alot more power and awesome sound....

Buy Turbowerx headers and Fabspeed by-pass pipes. Your existing cats are running 10 years old now and are robbing the piss out of performance. Trust me, you will not regret.

Nice looking car! Also, for a cleaner look, get the clear side and tail light lenses.
Oh very nice, thanks for that. I see no buttons, so I assume it's always on SPORT lol. It sure sounds it . I just picked up this car, so definitively not that cash heavy at the moment lol. I might be able to do something with some smaller budget as far as the tail lights and the side yellow hazards. Which rear tail lights are the most popular?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kianfar View Post
Oh very nice, thanks for that. I see no buttons, so I assume it's always on SPORT lol. It sure sounds it . I just picked up this car, so definitively not that cash heavy at the moment lol. I might be able to do something with some smaller budget as far as the tail lights and the side yellow hazards. Which rear tail lights are the most popular?
Go with these...Easy install too...takes 20-30 min. max to do both.

They used to run under 200...don't know why they have jumped up unless they are becoming hard to get. It will change to look of your car quite a bit.

Clear Tail Light Kit:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:43 AM   #15

where in VA? are you ready for a drive on the dragon yet?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #16

Live in Great Falls, Va, are you talking about the Shenandoah park drive?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade View Post
Go with these...Easy install too...takes 20-30 min. max to do both.

They used to run under 200...don't know why they have jumped up unless they are becoming hard to get. It will change to look of your car quite a bit.

Clear Tail Light Kit:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn
Nice, yeah saw a few threads with used ones going for $200. Might pick up a set.