Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Rear Strut Brace - Titanium Advantage

Here is a rare look at the rear strut brace position. This one I have is from Titanium Advantage....very nice

Attached Images

Last edited by jaykay; 05-24-2011 at 04:35 PM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #2

There is quite a bit of dicussion about strut braces on this site. It seems like many think a front brace does nothing and feelings are mixed on the rear, whether it is installed where you have it or adding Pedro's hex bar in a lower position under the car.

Went to their website and looked at the product. Very nice btw!

After your install time and original purchase cost, did this brace do anything to help aid the handling characteristics of your car?

'01 S - Guards Red / Beige - Surrendered - 04.18.12
jwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #3

I just put it in and still have to test it. One really needs to have high cornering load changes to feel anything. This is hard to do off-track; I am finding it hard to get on again this season. I doubt that I have chance of feeling anything without brace off and on back to back testing.

I have all three braces. I would think the rear under side bar would do the most to stabilize suspension geometry as it links relatively unsupported rear suspension component mounts side to side. I can definitely feel the effect of the front one on the street. The car bounces side to side rather than flexing....the spings, dampers, rbs are made to work ...the car is harsher. It is hard to tell exactly what is happening without strain gauges or fea...

My aim was to to do just this: make the suspension components work rather than flex the body avoiding: stress on it; creaks; and provide a good platform for suspension component changes in the future.

I don't feel that the braces will give me any performance gain at my driving level and current car use. It is just about driver feel and trying to keep the car tight for a long time.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #4

.......having said all that, after driving around the car is feeling nice and solid back there. Its probably all psychological