Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Cars & Coffee Charlotte

I finally made it to one of these monthly gatherings this morning. There were a lot of P-cars as well as other makes. Here are just a few that caught my attention:

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
More...

Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Even more...

Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
More P-cars

Old 05-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Last of the P-cars

Old 05-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Some Exotics

Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
More Exotics

Old 05-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Eye Catchers

Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
More

Old 05-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #10
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Even More...

Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #11
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Final Few

Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
ddb, great pics. I missed it again! I went up there in March and there were like 3 cars, it was a perfect day too, I was excited to see some pcars. Maybe I just got there too late. Were there a lot of Boxsters?
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Thanks Whip

I did the best that I can with my relatively simple point and shoot camera. It's tough to get good shots with so many people walking around and the limited angles available for shooting with the cars side by side. I was actually inspired to try and take the pictures by the beautiful photos that Kabel posts from the Cars and Coffee Orlando.

I'm surprised to hear there were so few cars present on a nice day in March. What time did you arrive? The official hours are 8AM - 11AM. I arrived around 9:30 and the place was packed. The main two lots were so full I just bypassed them and parked in a relatively empty adjacent lot. My guess is you have to arrive at 8AM if you want to park in one of the main two lots. I left around 10:45 and majority of the cars were still there.

I was disappointed because there were no other Boxsters present. I drove mine, but it wasn't parked in an area where it could easily be seen. Maybe we can make it to the June event so there will at least be two Boxsters present. I will check with you before hand to see if either of us will be able to make it. BTW, if you haven't already seen the C & C Charlotte website here is a link:

http://forum.carsandcoffee.info/forumdisplay.php?50-Cars-and-Coffee™-Charlotte
Old 05-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #14

Garage
It's either been a long time since I've seen a Countach, or that's a kit car . Something doesn't look right about it ???
Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb
I did the best that I can with my relatively simple point and shoot camera. It's tough to get good shots with so many people walking around and the limited angles available for shooting with the cars side by side. I was actually inspired to try and take the pictures by the beautiful photos that Kabel posts from the Cars and Coffee Orlando.

I'm surprised to hear there were so few cars present on a nice day in March. What time did you arrive? The official hours are 8AM - 11AM. I arrived around 9:30 and the place was packed. The main two lots were so full I just bypassed them and parked in a relatively empty adjacent lot. My guess is you have to arrive at 8AM if you want to park in one of the main two lots. I left around 10:45 and majority of the cars were still there.

I was disappointed because there were no other Boxsters present. I drove mine, but it wasn't parked in an area where it could easily be seen. Maybe we can make it to the June event so there will at least be two Boxsters present. I will check with you before hand to see if either of us will be able to make it. BTW, if you haven't already seen the C & C Charlotte website here is a link:

http://forum.carsandcoffee.info/forumdisplay.php?50-Cars-and-Coffee™-Charlotte
I probably got there too late, it was after 10am. Interesting only one Box, I'll be sure to make it next time. I'll PM you see what time you are arriving. Maybe we can find some others on this forum from Charlotte area, I haven't seen many and I don't see a lot on the road either.
I went to a PCA gathering in South Charlotte this winter and it was mostly 911s and Caymans. I think there were two Boxsters. I think I'll be going up to the Waynesville Inn in Aug, lot of nice cars for that gathering and can get some golf in at the same time .
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #16
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
It's either been a long time since I've seen a Countach, or that's a kit car . Something doesn't look right about it ???

It looks a little off to me as well. It seems to have too much ground clearance. I do know the appearance of the Countach's changed over the years. Maybe this is an early car and we are more used to seeing the later models.

If it is really a Fiero, I'm sure the guys driving the Diablo, Espada, and Miura that were parked near it weren't amused!

I think not having the big rear wing is a positive clue for it being real. If it were a kit it would probably be hard not to put one on.