Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #1

Clean Cars and New Pedals

It was a beautiful day in Austin yesterday so much time was spend in the garage and outside cleaning the cars. I also installed new pedals on the Boxster. They were very easy to put on, they just slide over the pedal after removing the stock rubber pad. However, the brake pedal slid a little and kept getting caught when I would heel and toe. So, I took out one of the rubber plugs and drilled into the pedal and attached it with a small screw in the center. Problem solved. Here are some pics.

Boxster pedals.

Tucked away. The 'Vette is sitting towards the back on skates....hasn't seen the road in awhile unfortunately.

SB

Last edited by Scbrindley; 02-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Scbrindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #2

Looks gorgeous and so net and clean and hope from your side posting more stuff here if you have I am eager to saw this.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbrindley
It was a beautiful day in Austin yesterday so much time was spend in the garage and outside cleaning the cars. I also installed new pedals on the Boxster. They were very easy to put on, they just slide over the pedal after removing the stock rubber pad. However, the brake pedal slid a little and kept getting caught when I would heel and toe. So, I took out one of the rubber plugs and drilled into the pedal and attached it with a small screw in the center. Problem solved. Here are some pics.

Boxster pedals.

Tucked away. The 'Vette is sitting towards the back on skates....hasn't seen the road in awhile unfortunately.

SB
Which one's your favorite to drive?
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #4

I hate having bicycles anywhere near my cars in the garage... it must be a real pain to own 3 Porsches and a Vette. :ah:
Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #5

Nothing speaks cleaniness unless the wheels are clean.

What did you use to clean them?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #6

Nothing beats the sound of the '66 911. It is raspy and extremely mechanical. That car is a blast to take rides in....handles very well and is remarkably fast for such an old car. The 997.5 is just stupid fast. I still get a huge grin on my face when I slam on the accelerator and let the PDK fly through the gears. However, not much can top cruising in the 986 with the top down on a nice evening. Saying that, I love driving all of them!

As far as the wheels go, I use p21s wheel cleaner and normal car wash soap on them. I wash the wheels first, inside and out, and the proceed to clean the car with a fresh bucket. The wheels take about 45 mins to an hour to do all four, but it's worth it. From time to time I will pull all four wheels and make sure they are completely clean inside and out as well.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Carnut

Nice cars!

When I was a kid my dad had a red '65 or '66 (can't remember!!.......) 2ltr, 130 hp, red, black interior, wood steering wheel, 5.5 x 15 chromed steel wheels with 165 tires, rear lid with the "911" one the lower right corner. So one of the early 911.

I always egged my dad on to step on it and I remember distinctly the engine coming alive at 3,000 rpm (also the sound changed!).
I always sat in the back legs over the tunnel.

Fast forward 30 years and my oldest daughter, sitting in the back of my red/black '89 911 C4 says "come on dad, open the windows and roof and let's hear the engine"

Ah, memories!

AndyA6 is offline   Reply With Quote