Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #1

Unhappy Keyless Remote not working, Transponder working, Car STARTS.. ADVICE PLS!

Had a problem with my remote key, wondeirng if anyone can help??!

So my car door opens manually and the car starts, but the remote on the key does not unlock the doors or opens the trunk. I have called the dealership and they asked me to open my doors but the key in and press the button. Still doesn't Work!! The battery is fine and the led flashes when I press the buttons.

Does anyone out here know what the problem might be? Do i need to replace the circuit board ? need it re progrommed. Really trying to avoid the $300 dealership cost for replacing the key, for the convenience.

Would appreciate any help?!

Last edited by giveitup; 01-25-2010 at 04:11 PM.
giveitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #2

Keyless entry problems

According to my previous owner the keyless entry never worked? Have you gotten any help anywhere? Any help is welcome.
Mike
methies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #3

Hi. I just bought a 99 Boxster and have the same issue with the keyless remote. I changed out the battery and now the red led light illuminates when I press the unlock/lock buttons and the trunk button, but nothing actually happens- car doesn't unlock, trunk does not open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Yoadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #4

same issue just happened to my key. One day it just started blinking really fast, and it stopped working. I checked my other key and it has no issues...

The light still blinks so I dont think its the battery, but it still doesn't open the doors or trunk. (but can still start the car.)

Any ideas?

Mine is a 2002 boxster S, if it makes any difference. Do I have to get the key reprogrammed? And if so, how much does that run?

'00 Blue Yamaha YZF600R
jvmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:56 AM   #5

There are a lot of posts on this subject, but here's the summary. If you have the number slip that came with the remote key, the dealer (and only the dealer) can program the car to accept the remote. Without that little slip of paper from Porsche with the numbers on it..... your screwed.

Every "turn the key, open the door, pullout the key" trick you will read about.... don't work. There, I saved you 60 minutes of searching.

Cost: about $150 for a new key head and another $70 for a dealer to reprogram it. The key blade is fine, but the head of the key will need the car programmed to the car. And if you have it done, you need to take every key you own to the dealer, becuase they program the car to every key. That way if you lost a key, the car will not accept it if its found.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #6

Make sure if you get a new fob from the dealer that you get the white tag from them. They'll dispose of it for "security" reasons. That way they have to sell you a new fob next time.

ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote