Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #1

Smile Many thanks to Members!!!

Many thanks to all members, especially the advise on coolant and brake fluid services. I work at an automotive repair facility and the advice on alternate coolant, brake bleeder, etc. was superb. I recently purchased a gently used but exceptionally well kept 1998 986. I used Potensin ATF1 (worked perfectly), Potensin Dot4 Brake Fluid (ditto), and VW/Audi antifreeze (identical to Porsche). I purchased a coolant vacuum/refiller through my SnapOn supplier $152 which is comparable to the one used by Porsche Dealer and a Motive Brake Bleeder through internet company (think Autodax?). I used NGK copper core plugs (excellent and on sale at one of our suppliers) and NAPA Air, Cabin, and Fuel Filters (Gold Series). Replaced Cigarette Lighter (light was out and socket was loose from various accessories in and out), windscreen, wiper arm nut cap, conv top arm trim cover, hardtop long term placement trim pieces (sides and latch covers) all from local Porsche dealer - those guys are super great... wish all dealerships were that good. Replaced front bumper grilles, one missing front mud flap, from crest emblem, back Boxster emblem, and both front headlights from Internet Companies. Backed into one of my co-workers truck, replaced left tail light via Internet Auction ($25), oops. Lifted his truck until the wheel was nearly off the ground... used heat gun to reshape back bumper. Looking at some more Kuhmo tires, love 'em. Running out of ideas, such an exceptional car. Draws looks and complements every single day. Thanks again everyone, you guys are great!!!

Last edited by GoodJohnny; 10-19-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Forgot something
GoodJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #2

Garage
congrats on the car and im glad ur having a good time. careful of those trucks tho!

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote