Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #1

my idea of a Boxster GT

Here is my now track, DE dedicated car, some of the mods I have done on it are:

Coil over set up
GT3 front bar
Tarett rear bar
Rear toe links
adjustable front and rear links
camber plates
rear wing
my version of a front GT spoiler
Sparco seats
Momo steering wheel
cold air intake
headers
light exhaust system
18' BBS with hoosiers
GT3 front bumper and side skirts
front and rear tow hooks
pagid brake pads
stainless steel brake lines
Hard top (not on the car right now)

I have yet to go:

performance flash
front bump steer kit
LSD
Maybe light clutch set up

Last edited by goldsc_78258; 02-11-2010 at 02:52 AM.
goldsc_78258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Did you make the bumper? What is the point of the 'wings' on the side of the bumper?

Do research on flashing. It's a waste on our rides. You could put $1k to better use.

For the most power w/ the lightest weight exhaust possible head over to Brad Roberts Boxster board. A Boxster Spec member dynoed 5 super lightweight racing exhaust and posted results from all of them. Very impressive gains on all of them. Do you have pics of yours? Dyno results?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
What is the point of the 'wings' on the side of the bumper?

Those are bumper canards:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumper_canards

I don't believe that's a GT3 front bumper. Looks more like a GT2 bumper to me. The side skirts are TechArt pieces or copies of them. The 996 GT2 or GT3 did not have side skirts like those.

What coilovers are you using?

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #4

You are right I looked them up and the bumper looks like a GT2

I'm using KW with 550 front springs and 600 rear

The car weighs about 2900# still steetable A/C radio etc...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Wouldn't the canards be more useful on a 911 driven at super high speeds given the placement on the bumper hit the air the right way?

The most common use of bumper canards is to increase front downforce on cars where the balance of traction is considered to be unfavourably biased towards the rear wheels.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #6

awsome machine....are those struts for adjusting the front splitter?
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Wouldn't the canards be more useful on a 911 driven at super high speeds given the placement on the bumper hit the air the right way?

Downforce is downforce man. This guy's ripping it up at the track and probably easily getting into triple digit speeds. Notice the big wing on the back? He's just pushing for maximum downforce (within limits of too much drag) front and rear to keep that thing planted on the track while he's screaming down the front straight at 130 MPH.

Personally I LOVE it. Aerodynamics aside, this car has all the right bits and pieces to make it handle on the track. I bet it's a real monster. I'm especially envious of the wheel/tire combo. I sure could use a setup like that myself for autocross. At my last event I was on the stock 17's and squealed and drifted through most sweeping turns. It was fun, but NOT fast. This car would be wicked fast!!!

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #8

Your car looks great man.
Usually - gt2 or turbo front bumper make boxsters look nose-heavy, but not in your case.
I don't know if it is becasue of the the color, splitter or the rear wing, but it looks like it belongs there. Side skirts is a must of course.
Hmmm... I have a turbo replica front bumper laying in my basement that I never installed, maybe its time.
What is that wing? Im assuming its is adjustable.
al83s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:51 AM   #9

Looks like a track beast, cool. You probably already have one, but if not you may want to get a Braille lightweight battery and save 20+ lbs, have fun,

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:25 AM   #10

"Looks like a track beast, cool. You probably already have one, but if not you may want to get a Braille lightweight battery and save 20+ lbs, have fun,"

Thanks Ed, I do have an oddysey battery

"Usually - gt2 or turbo front bumper make boxsters look nose-heavy, but not in your case.
I don't know if it is becasue of the the color, splitter or the rear wing, but it looks like it belongs there. Side skirts is a must of course.
Hmmm... I have a turbo replica front bumper laying in my basement that I never installed, maybe its time.
What is that wing? Im assuming its is adjustable"

The wing is adjustable I made the brackes that go on the car and the wing came out of a guy on e-bay I took a risk when I bought it because I wasn't sure I coulld do the bracket but it did work great. if you want to see some close ups let me know

The front spliter is adjustable (in and out)

with out any engine mods, the car is turning low 1:26's wile the GT3rs's are in the low 1:25's at H2R so I'm getting close.

Next I should do something wit the engine 300hp 3.4 or 3.6 but that wouls cost a pretty penny.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #11

Nice job! the car looks like a GT boxster.
MylesHye Clothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:10 AM   #12

I would have otherwise sent you a private message but your account is not set up to do so, but I was more or less wondering if you still had the 19' carrera wheels? Nonetheless, stunning machine my friend. Enjoy it in the best of health!
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #13

sorry Cartel, all I have left is the 18's on the pictures

Fred
Old 10-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #14

Been there done that, I already have an accusump I was going to go to this week end event at TWS but the car broke down last time I was at the track
Old 10-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsc_78258
sorry Cartel, all I have left is the 18's on the pictures

Fred
No worries my friend. As per my last post enjoy her in the best of health as you have one hell of a machine under your belt!
2003 Porsche Boxster S 3.2L l AASCO Lightweight Flywheel l FVD Brombacher ECU l FVD Brombacher 100 Cell Sport Catalytics l FVD Brombacher Sport Headers l GiroDisc 340mm FR Rotors l IPD Intake Plenum l Litronics l KW Variant 3 Coilovers l Porsche 997 75mm Throttle Body l Road Sport Supply Underdrive Pulley Kit l Sachs Stage 2 Racing Clutch Kit l TechArt Short Shift Kit l TechArt Power Flow Kit l TechArt Sport Exhaust.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:53 AM   #16

Gt

The flash is done and the light flywheel and clutch will be here next week