Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #1

Introducing myself

Hello guys, I'm Alex and I'm new to the world of Porsche. I've been a fan of the cars for awhile now but I finally bit the bullet and bought a 97 Boxster a few months ago for a very low price. I have since put in 2k on repairs and she's practically like new! There's a bit more to do simply because the previous owner didn't take very good care of the exterior (minor rust, paint knicks, yellowed head lights, worn leather, stuff like that) and I plan to take care of those issues over the next year.

A little about me, I'm a 19 year old student at the University of Texas at Austin. I'm a film major and have worked in the industry since I was 14.

Here's a photo before replacing the tires with correct ones.

Last edited by Alex Walker; 07-24-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Alex Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #2

Welcome to 986forum! Since you in Austin, join us at Boxstoberfest this September. It's an absolute blast and a good way to meet others in the Porsche community including several forum members. http://boxstoberfest.com/
Old 07-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #3

Great color, welcome to the group

Ed

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I just signed up for Boxstoberfest. Sounds like a fun event. For those of you who have been before, do we have to attend dinner or is just attending the drive alright? I don't think i'd be able to stay the whole day due to school stuff.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #5

The hill country drive is of course the highlight and it's okay if you can't stay the whole weekend. Dinner is optional but is always a good time and the last two years everyone walked away with at least one raffle prize. Some of the prizes have been really good too! See you there
Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #6

What kind of prizes do they give out? Looks like I'll be getting some parts before the meet so my box will at least look decent compared to everyone elses'
Old 07-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #7

Two years ago I won a free weekend guesthouse stay in Fredericksburg. They also had a Porsche watch (won by another 986forum member) and a set of headers as the grand prize. The lady who won the headers didn't event know what they were! Last year I got a nice porsche polo shirt + porsche visor combo. It works out great for his and hers prizes. They also had the usual guesthouse weekend, a bottle of Treaty Oak rum, several sets of Griot's cleaning supplies, and lots of posters, shirts, and model cars. But as they say on Wall Street: past performance does not guarantee or imply future success.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #8

New Guy

Ops! Wrong tab!