Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #1

My 04 2.7

So far B&M ssk, wheels, spacers and tires. Soooooo much more to come though

Old 01-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #2

Welcome and a nice looking car. Mine is 2003 S Artic Silver. Enjoy and drive it hard 4000 plus rpm. There is no other car that will give you so much joy in return.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
I like the rims, but the tire/wheel package looks small in the wheel wells...perhaps its just the picture. Are those standard sizes?

It looks like a very clean car. I like that. Welcome to the site.

-Kevin

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #4

The rims are 18x8.5 and 18x10. The tires are 225's in front and 275's in rear. Also have newer spacers in rear and front now (18mm rear and 7mm front).
It sure looks like a four wheel drive though doesn't it, and I am not a redneck!!
I have the Eibach springs and want to combine with Ohlins shocks. Also have drilled rotors not installed yet, abnd then the headers, intake, cats, ecu........all it takes is money!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:50 PM   #5

this ones better

maybe.. or not..the front spacers helped the front look some. The handling was the main thing though the rear track was widened quite a bit and the front not as much, now it's back to neutral. The final bit will be installing 235's in front
Old 01-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #6

Welcome to the board. It's good to see some new enthusiasts showing up here. Just curious why you didn't start out with an 04 3.2L? By the time you spend all that money on upgrades you could've bought an S, probably saved yourself some $$$, and gone just as fast. Plus, having the factory warranty intact is always a nice bonus when things go wrong. I'm guessing you probably want a custom boxster and like upgrading on your own

Last edited by Adam; 01-05-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 AM   #7

That is a very pretty car. Congrats.

Not to be a turd here but you may know that investing in custom and speed parts for a car like the Box is normally a "bad investment" from the perspective of resale.

However, I love toys as much as the next guy, so "go crazy."

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:16 AM   #8
porsche986

yea great car man, nice wheels very rare!

brucelee i bought a boxster turbo bumper and porsche told me it would devalue the car so i didnt bother so i know what you mean.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #9

That's right Brueclee. Unfortunately, owners eat the cost of all those expensive parts. Even worse, it can even devalue the car which doesn't really make any sense at all to me. If someone puts headers on a car do people automatically assume the car has been driven harder or abused or something?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #10

You are all correct. Adam, it was simply a matter of payment (I coudn't get the wife to go for more). I enjoyed the 2.7 though and actually liked the sound better (sounds funny I know). Whichever model I got I knew I would personalize it, it is mostly a waste of money but it is my hobby and that's what I enjoy doing. I leave nothing stock really, for better or worse (unless it's my wifes car). I had a Mini Copper S before this that was not stock when I sold it either.
I am carefully and patiently considering the mods to my boxster though, I don't want to tamper with anything too major and therefore the warranty. I am also planning on hitting the 5k mark before I start to make sure mechanically everything is fairly broken and problem free at that point.
I would definately say I am an enthusiast. I have owned the following Porsches...none bone stock!
1-74 914 2.0
1-73 914 2.0
1-87 944
1-88 944s
1-86 951
1 84 928s
1-04 Boxster 2.7 work in progress...
Old 01-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

I would definately say I am an enthusiast. I have owned the following Porsches...none bone stock!
1-74 914 2.0
1-73 914 2.0
1-87 944
1-88 944s
1-86 951
1 84 928s
1-04 Boxster 2.7 work in progress...
I spot a definite non-911 trend here.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #12

I have never really avioded them I rather like them but always for my price range I got more car going water cooled (for the money). I have friends who have them. I was close to a 993 before the Boxster purchase but spending as much and not getting a warranty pushed me back the other way.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #13

911s are nice in their own way. I love driving them but for the money, give me an S!

Old 01-07-2005, 03:31 AM   #14

Congratulations on your new 04 2.7 - And Ignore the 'could have got an S' talk. Buying a used S would introduce some warrantee/previous owner issues and you probably have as much performance as my 02 S anyway - which ain't bad
Old 01-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #15
Lux

Welcome aboard.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #16

A gentleman over on Rennlist posted me about the cats and said that headers and cats were a waste on the 02 and newer cars as the factory uses headers of sorts and quad cats. Opinions vary...that's for sure.
Thanks for the welcomes. I hope this turns out to be an enthusiasts site after all.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #17

Quote:
A gentleman over on Rennlist posted me about the cats and said that headers and cats were a waste on the 02 and newer cars as the factory uses headers of sorts and quad cats. Opinions vary...that's for sure.
Thanks for the welcomes. I hope this turns out to be an enthusiasts site after all.
Opinions do vary but some opinions are better than others.

Per the dyno runs:

mufflers are rarely a power upgrade.
headers are always better.
Intake, headers and ECU by the right guy is potent.
High flow cats and no cats can be good, but it takes some real knowledgable placent of o2 sensors to make them work.

Enthusiasm is good, informed enthusiasm is better
Old 01-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Wouldn't that be even more of a reason to get high flow cats or bypass pipes? 4 cats are more restrictive than 2. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all boxsters come with power killing unequal lengh runners on the headers? Equal lengh tubes like on the 05 S or on aftermarket headers should add power I assume. BTW, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time Fletch when I asked about your rational behind upgrading a base over just getting an S. I should've figured a woman was behind it. Just be mindful about warranty issues before getting crazy.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #19

For sure Adam. Your opinion was valid as well. When I had my Mini Copper S everyone was modding them and there was much information about what you could get away with or not (dealing with warranty issues and all).
I want to see the factory exhaust manifold units better..amyone seen the newer exhaust manifolds or have pics since the precats were added? Everything is covered up my car can't see much of anything!
I definately want to stick with bolt on's. Especially if something were to go wrong and they blame the headers or intake something like that for the damage. Returning back to stock could become critical. Some things are easier to put back to stock than others I am sure but...
Old 01-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #20

"I definately want to stick with bolt on's. Especially if something were to go wrong and they blame the headers or intake something like that for the damage. Returning back to stock could become critical. Some things are easier to put back to stock than others I am sure but"

Good strategy!