Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 PM   #1

Finally got some pics of my car to share

Bought the car a few weeks back, but just got around to getting some pics. the car's dirty, but they'll give you the idea.
It's an '01 S in Biarritz white (a little softer, dare I say 'creamier' white than the current 'bright' white), black top and interior; one owner car wiht 24k miles. It was lightly optioned: Sports package, litronics, 18" turbo twists, and then the previous owner went to town on mods:
- techart engine kit with intake, chip, throttle body, headers (pre-cat delete) and cat back exhaust. It sounds nasty...low growl tends to set off car alarms in parking garages...throaty and willing throughout the rev range, pulls really nicely. reportedly a 50+ hp and torque improvement.
- techart lowering springs (about an inch)
- techart wheels spacers (18mm, I believe)
- K40 laser detector / diffuser and radar detectors front and rear
- blaupunkt stereo head / 6 disc changer, a couple of big sony amps, and some nice speakers (I'm more into the sound of the motor that the stereo...but it does sound good)
- techart power top mod to allow top operation while moving
- extensive techart interior trim upgrades in aluminum look

The car's a blast to drive, and I honestly don't think there's a car on the road with more beautiful lines than the boxster. Last car to be produced with this pretty / powerful set of lines was a 1976 Jensen Interceptor.

I'm going to do some add'l stuff to. Little things like getting rid of that terrible orange on the rear lights...think I'll go with the full red tail lamp set off the 550 anniv edition. I'll do clear sides and bumper plugs...then maybe some wheels. I was thinking of Kinesis K58's in a medium dark annodized color...

Anyway, just wanted to show her off a bit, field questions on the mods that have been done, and see what people think would look good in terms of wheels.

Oh ya, and thinking of making my license plate "FUHRIUS"...offensive? make sense?

FUHRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote