Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2004, 04:41 PM   #1

my boxster

all cleaned and ready to roll

tdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #2

Nice ride. I just love those wheels don't you? Looks like you have some mods done. What all do you have?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:41 PM   #3

Well, I bought the car with the wheel, lowered with HR spring, Litronic headlite, smoke side marker, and red/clear taillight. I've been lookin into more agressive looking front bumper. I seen techart, gt3, boxster s, and few others, but can't decide on which one. Also thinking of adding a wing in the back, then again, I like plain too. Might sell the wheels and get others as budget allow. First I'm adding aftermarket alarm and stereo, and b/c I work for Bestbuy, I can get it done for dirt cheap. Updating interior with silver trims, and maybe a speedster hump. Too much to do, and too little time and money. Any suggestion to front bumper and price are greatly appreicated.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:40 AM   #4

Colored center crests would look great!!!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:57 PM   #5

"colored center crests?"
I agree for my Turbo twists - on these beautiful 5-spoke I think I prefer the cleaner black on silver he already has.

I might recommend body colored bumperettes from the Bumper plug guy.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:38 PM   #6

I think I might have eric(plug guy) do the bumperettes on mine. I have guards red though. It seems like silver needs it more because black and red go together pretty well. I don't know. I'm still undecided.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #7

Well, I'm in the process of learning how to take out part of my interior to get them painted. I'll do my bumperettes the same time. I am gonna leave my center crest black and silver to give that clean look. Should I paint my caliper to red or yellow? I like red but just about everyone has red, so yellow might be a little differ from everyone. anyother suggestion??, still can't decide on the front bumper yet. Here is another shot of my box.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:17 PM   #8

Guard Red and Black are a classic Porsche combo - no need to make a change until you are ready. I saw a couple of silver bumperettes on the Sunday drive and I think they clean things up a lot.

silver on silver http://blueturban.com/auto/hawks59.jpg

vs black on silver http://blueturban.com/auto/hawks64.jpg
Old 08-05-2004, 08:24 PM   #9

re" Should I paint my caliper to red or yellow? "

Painting the calipers seems like posing to me. If Brembo intended them to be yellow they'd be yellow when you bought them.

I'd stay with the silver and black theme.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:51 PM   #10

I agree^. Especially if they are painted red like the box s brakes. I wouldn't really think to much of it if they were painted yellow. I must admit the box S brake system looks mighty good peaking through the carrera wheels, but, why try to make the car look like something it is not? Some boxster owners are pretty big into making their 2.7's and 2.5's look like 3.2's. They are usaully the people who buy all the used Box S mufflers on E-bay. It's the exact same muffler internally and nothing is gained but, they buy them to get the box s look. Hell, I saw this one base model for sale on ebay with the S muffler and the owner had the nerve to slap on a "S" emblem to the trucklid! Talk about poser wannabe's. Anyhwho, T-dog if you want to improve the looks of your boxster forget the brakes and take off that ugly license plate on your boxster's snout. It's like looking at a supermodel that has a huge zit on her nose.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:19 AM   #11

Haha, thanks guy, I wasn't intend to make my boxster to be S wannabe, I didn't even know S comes with painted caliper. I just assume ppl are painting them to make nicer. As far as license plate goes, I do want to take it off, but I don't know what's Washington State law?? anyone has any idea? Any other suggestion regarding dressing up my car? What's your opinion on the spoiler??
Old 08-08-2004, 07:08 AM   #12

IMO - The best place to spend your Boxster money is on the race track. Driver's ED on the track is a blast!

I see PCA is at the old Seattle Raceway Aug 27th - there might be space available.

http://pnwr.pca.org/Track/

If you haven't already, I recommend you joind PCA (Porsche Club of America). You get a national magazine, and two years ago they even gave away MONEY ($100 off on purchase of $200 or more of genuine Porsche Stuff).

Os well as joining the National PCA, you can join the local PCA - which is often where the good stuff happens. Good stuff includes DE(race track), Autocross(parking lot), meetings(Garages, video parlors, restaurants). Sunday drives with other Porsches are a lot more fun than you might expect. For my recent Sunday drive photos (not PCA) see... http://www.blueturban.com/auto/ and click on Hawk's Nest Meet.

PCA is IMO a nice part of Porsche ownership.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:11 AM   #13

Very nice car! I'd keep the caliper black...i have an S but i think the black looks cool...and on top of that i have painted calipers on a previous car....and I won't do it again ever...
Jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:38 PM   #14
porsche986

Wink hi

great car.. as for calipers.. as long as you take your time it should turn out ok, red calipers on polished alloys look stunning when the reflect on the inside of the alloy! Dont do yellow though i think thats gt3 style, looks nice but also fake... stick to red or black..
can i make one suggestion.. i used to ride with my front plate off until someone told me it looks like a hire car or i work for a garage.. kinda takes all the respect away from owning such an amazing machine! keep the plate on..

nice car.. great stuff!