Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
dangit jinijazz! Yeah, I did actually change them....this Saturday actually, I got the comlpimentary car wash and sure enough got rained on driving home, I couldn't catch a break with the weather to shine them up and take a nice new pic....now I hear we might get snow tomorrow!!! hi boss, can't drive the box today, its snowing, working from home....I can just hear how that will not go over well

btw....I just went with bumperplugs for my vents....in a couple weeks I'll be posting the painted guys for all to see....love that yellow....I'll be going SY for my 350 HP 2010 988
Man that sucks. New shoes, can't go out.
Can't wait to see the white vents with new wheels.

I'm still debating Carrera S wheel or Carrera Classic.
Classic was my favorite, but Carrera S wheels looks really good in person.
Then again, I wish they were 18". Oh well...

jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #22
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
bmuss, was that clear plastic fender cover yellowish like that from the begining, or it got like that with time? Just remembered that the guy who installed my clear bra said clear covers were the toughest to keep un-noticable over white.

Z.
Z, good eye! You should be a Concours Judge. They did slightly "yellow". But I have not lost Concours points for that. Only for having dirty edges on the clear stone shields- wax build-up (lost points first time...second time I nailed it!). I have since had the clear stone shields replaced under warranty for dirt that was underneath.

The guy who installed the new clear shields said stuff like wheel gloss and some other products make 'em yellow. I'll see how it goes this summer.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #23

Getting yellow is not a problem on yellow car(indeed!), but how do you clean the edge of the clear shields? I can see the dirt line along the edge that I cannot clean successfully.
jinijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #24
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinijazz
Getting yellow is not a problem on yellow car(indeed!), but how do you clean the edge of the clear shields? I can see the dirt line along the edge that I cannot clean successfully.
Been there...done that! Here is the fix:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6529&highlight=wurth
Old 04-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #25

Photos

Good day,

Because I'm new here I'd like to know if you have some pics of your cer ? If so, where can I see those pics ?
Thanks,

Pierre D.
Pierre D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #26

Another pic of my 986.
Pierre D.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #27

Photos of car's friends...Porsche !.