Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 06:08 AM   #1

Wash DC Metro Area

Hey all.
Wanted to see if there were any other Boxster owners in the Wash DC metro area. Was thinking of trying to put together a road trip to the Shenandoah Mountains in Luray, VA sometime this spring. There are some fantastic mountain roads and is a nice way to spend the day with the top down riding through the mountains. Have a bite of lunch.

Mainly wanted to put a note out to see if there are any people nearby that might be interested. So far I know of 3 Boxster people that are interested.

We are talking about trying to put the trip together toward the end of May. Post your replies if interested.

jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
porsche986

sounds like a good idea, kinda like a mini gumball lol
Old 02-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Watch Freak

This thread is a year old. I started a new one like this last night and it seems like we have myself and two others interested so far. We'll try for a few more and make it happen!
2006 BMW 750i 19" Sport Wheels BK/BK-Daily
2005 Lotus Elise Sport & Touring Package-Fun
2001 Lexus RX300-Back-up Winter Beater
2001 Mercedes-Benz S500 Sport AMG-Sold
2000 Boxster S Heavily Modified-Sold
2000 Nissan Altima GLE-Parking Spot Holder
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 05:00 PM   #4

hey Porsche986,
we are talking about doing this run again in another month or so. Last year we had 5 cars. 3 986's, a 911, and a Viper freind. Was lots of fun. We are hoping to have maybe 6-10 peepz this year. All of you living not far from here are welcome to join us. If peepz are interested I can post some followup info to this as the time gets a little closer.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:17 PM   #5

I may be game Jeff, you didn't tell me when in March you're thinking of. Let me know
Old 02-23-2004, 05:18 AM   #6

Hey Jonny,
Well I officially get my car back the end of this week I am supposed to go by the body shop on Friday to take it to get an alignment since it has new tires on it now and then this weekend I plan to make a short trip if all goes as planned.
So far talks for Saturday, March 20 are what we are tentatively talking. As long as we dont get anymore snow between now and then we will definetly go.
Anyone interested in going is welcome to. We will probably start at Porsche Pitstop since one or two guys from there might join us. Its also a chance for those interested to dicuss mods or anything else about their 986 they are interested in. and go out to Luray, Skyline drive area via Route 66. have a bite of lunch and then return to Pitstop or else go seperate way on the return trip if the day is getting late. I will add to this thread in a week or two since alot of this trip depends on the weather holding out and getting a little nicer. Maybe be able to put our tops down if it warms up at all