Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #1

Arrow Central FL Boxsters: GTG, Events & whatever else

April/May:

The next FLC (Florida Citrus Region) PCA autocross is Sunday, May 25 (Memorial Day Weekend). It is part of the 2008 Porsche Zonefest going on that weekend in Mt Dora, but you can just attend the autocross for the usual $25. I have not been to a zonefest event before so I have no idea how many more people show up for the autocross than what we usually get. Come on out and play!

Go to the FLC PCA website for more info:
http://www.flcitrusregion.org/cat--Florida-Citrus-Region-Autocross--autocross.html

I also received an email about an upcoming PCA meet and greet happening May 3rd:

Come out to a Kaffee Klatsch “meet and greet” event on Saturday May 3rd from 8:30 to 11am on Sandlake Road (SR 482) on the Southwest side of Orlando. There’s a Starbuck’s for coffee and a First Watch or Panera’s if you also want to do breakfast. It’s an opportunity to meet up and enjoy the company of other Porsche enthusiasts to discuss your cars and socialize over coffee for an hour or two. Hopefully, this gorgeous spring weather will continue and make the event more enjoyable for all.
Directions: Take I4 to Sandlake Road exit (SR482), head west for ¼ mile, turn left into shopping area (Timpano’s, Samba Room restaurants plus Publix), look for PCA banner or Porsches in the lot. For a Mapquest use the Starbuck’s address at 7610 W. Sandlake Rd., Orlando 32819 or for more information call Chuck Hennings at 407-909-0507, chuckhen@embarqmail.com.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR SATURDAY MAY 3RD* (8:30 TO 11 AM)

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)

Last edited by kabel; 04-22-2008 at 11:16 AM.
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #2

Orlando, FL Cars & Coffee Saturdays

Another new get together option:

QUOTE:
*Orlando, FL Cars & Coffee Saturday 5/31/08*
Hello everyone,
I am excited to announce the long awaited event for the Orlando car community. The Orlando Cars and Coffee event will begin on Saturday May 31st and will continue the last Saturday of every month at The Coffee Cafe http://coffeeteawine.com/index.php rear parking lot. We'll meet from 9am to 11am.
Map to Location:
http://coffeeteawine.com/contact.php
Please mark your calendars with the following dates:
June 29
July 26
August 30
September 27
October 25
November 29
December 27
I met with the owner of the establishment and she was very exited to have us there and will do anything she needs to accommodate us. I know there is a great sports/exotic car community here in the Orlando area and it’s about time we followed suit and start our own Cars & Coffee event. These events are held in many parts of the country and are a great way for car enthusiasts to hang out for a couple of hours. Please forward this on to all of your sports/exotic car friends and encourage them to come on out. We’ll have some photographers out there and we’ll post up some shots on the different forums.

Hope to see you all there.
Quoted from a post over on Rennlist.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #3

Thanks for all the upcoming event updates Kevin! Too bad I'll probably only make it to the Autocross...I'll be out to getcha!

2000 Porsche Boxster
-Straight-piped from cats back
-MOMO race seats
-Schnell short shifter
-RJS Harness
-High flow intake
-Eibach lowering springs
-Bilstein sport shocks
kyle986driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #4

Just a reminder if there are any other porsche owners out there about the Kaffee Klatsch meet and greet event tomorrow, Saturday May 3rd from 8:30 to 11am (see first post for more info). I am quite certain I'll head over there for a bit, though my car is barely presentable at the moment.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #5

the Kaffee Klatsch meet and greet was a really nice time. A great variety of cars from several 356 all the way up to a CGT and everything in between.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #6

Next PCA autocross is this Sunday, May 25 (Memorial Day Weekend).
It is part of the 2008 PCA Zonefest going on that weekend in Mt Dora, but you can just attend the autocross for the usual $25 (includes lunch). Pre-registration is available at www.clubregistration.net. Probably will be several more people in attendance than a normal FLC event day, but that also means there should be a wide variety of cars on hand.

+ The following weekend is the Cars & Coffee meet in Lk. Mary Saturday May 31st:
*Orlando, FL Cars & Coffee Saturday 5/31/08*
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=425241

Old 05-23-2008, 03:57 AM   #7

Cool pics - unfortunately my HOA meeting was the same time and I could not get out of.

I will have to miss the Lake Mary event as I am heading to Sebring that weekend.
987gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #8

Reminder:
Orlando Cars and Coffee meet is this Saturday morning (tomorrow!) 9:00am. Anyone (else) going?

Here is the address:
1145 Townpark Ave # 1221 
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #9

Thumbs up

well if there are any other boxster owners out there only lurking this thread (I like to think there are) I have to report the Orlando Cars & Coffee was an amazing inaugural event. 100+ cars, including well over 50 Porsche's from the 356 to the CGT, many BMWs and an impressive line up of truly exotic sports cars including many Ferrari's, several Lotus, Lambrigini, a Ford GT and even a DeLorean! A very mature, & very friendly atmosphere with so many great cars.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #10

Last week we got word of a FLC PCA autocross at Sebring in June:

QUOTE:
FLC will host a bonus autocross Saturday, June 28, in conjunction with the Drivers Ed at Sebring International Raceway. Autocross (only) drivers may preregister for the autocross separately from the DE for $20. DE drivers may run the autocross course without additional cost, as schedules permit. Lunch is not included and the event will not count for FLC year end points, however, bragging rights do count. Preregister at www.clubregistration.net after June 7 and before June 26. The course will be on a huge lot between turns 16 and 17. Expect a very exciting day. Gates open at 7:00. Come early, help set up, do a good course walk, bring lots of water and sun screen. The Chateau Elan is offering a rate of $95 (863-655-6252) through June 17 when you tell them you are with FL Citrus Region. If you want to stay overnight, make your reservation now.
And if you don't want to trek all the way to Sebring, the next Orlando Cars & Coffee will be Saturday June 28 (same location).

I won't be at the autocross or the next cars & coffee unfortunately, I'll be enjoying the more manageable heat of summer in Minnesota.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:32 AM   #11

Arrow Orlando Cars and Café - Saturday July 26

Orlando Cars and Café
presented by the Orlando Automotive Club
Date: Saturday July 26
Time: 9am - 11am
Location: Heathrow's Colonial Townpark - Townpark Ave, Lake Mary, FL 32746
These events are held in many parts of the country and are a great way for car enthusiasts to hang out for a couple of hours. The first two gatherings were a great success, with an average of 100 cars each time in a very mature, & very friendly atmosphere for all car lovers. Both the May and June events attracted a great variety of manufactures from all around the world including an impressive line up of truly exotic sports cars

You can use this location in google maps: Townpark Ave, Lake Mary, FL 32746. That will get you to the Heathrow's Colonial Townpark, the meet is actually in the lot behind the movie theater.

Scheduled for the last Saturday of each month, here are event dates for the rest of the year:
August 30, September 27, October 25, November 29, December 27

Old 07-26-2008, 02:42 PM   #12

My pics from todays Orlando Cars & Coffee meet.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #13

Orlando Cars and Café - Saturday August 30

Next Orlando Cars and Café - Saturday August 30

Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #14

September

1) Next PCA autocross is this Sunday, September 21.
After a short summer break it's time for the second half of the FL Citrus Region Autocross season. Cost is a mere $25 which includes lunch. Pre-registration is available at www.clubregistration.net.

2) The next Cars & Cafe meet in Lk. Mary is the Saturday September 27th:
*Orlando, FL Cars & Coffee Saturday 09/27/08*

Old 10-22-2008, 06:48 AM   #15

October/November

October / November events and gatherings
  1. The next Orlando Cars and Café is this Sunday October 26
    -----
  2. Think you got what it takes to be a champion? Register for the Fl State Autocross Championship - Nov 8-9, 2008
    Celebrating 35 years of autocrossing with the best of Florida.
    -----
  3. Florida Citrus Region PCA November Autocross is scheduled for Sunday, November 16.
    The third annual FLC Ladies Day event, Ladies drive for free!