Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Regional Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #1

San Jose: Work on cars: Oct 27th (this Sat)

A few of us are getting together to do the OBC (On Board Computer) hack etc. on our boxsters this Saturday. Currently, we are only planning to do the button hack (not the four-stalk one). We may also do other work (rear speakers etc.) given time.

Here are the details:

When: 10 am on 10/27/2007 (this Saturday)
Where:
2840 Mauricia Av
Santa Clara, Ca 95051

2 blocks from the GMC dealer on Stevens creek.
Stevens Creek Porsche is also only 2 blocks away.

This is cas951's place, who is a new boxster owner (but a long-time porsche owner). He has Ramps, jacks, tools, aircompressor, power tools etc. If anyone wants to work on their car, or if you have done these hacks before and wish to share your knowledge, please join us. Please respond in this thread if you are interested.

Note: I am shamelessly borrowing the "work-on-cars" day tag from Toolpants and others on this forum who have been doing this for a while. I do not mean to step on anyone's toes/turf. Truth be told, this is more of a "lets tinker with these cars for a couple of hours" day. Jeff, it would be great if you could join us (I know that you being around would definitely make things go 10x faster)

bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 PM   #2

The hands of a Porsche surgeon....
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Pants
The hands of a Porsche surgeon....
... who breaks a few things along the way, and then hot-glues them

Thanks for coming and for all the help Jeff.

We had a decent turnout given the few day notice. Several people got their soft faults checked, airbag lights reset, some did the pin-18 hack, others changed the bulb in their headlamp, and I got my OBC done and rear speakers added. Oh, and some pizza and beer too

bigb is offline   Reply With Quote